water in my Kaboda RTV1100's air vents

semper_fi

I get water in my A/C vents after a rain. I can't figure where it is coming in at. Anyone have a similar problem? Cab is air tight yet, so I figure it isn't coming in from the windshield seals. We got 2.8 inches of rain the other day and I must have had 3 cups of water in the ducts after.

Brian Bolger

Site Supporter
I removed the head-liner and had my wife, not spray, but flow water from the hose over the roof area. I found the lights I had mounted were leaking around the bolts. You will see water leaking around the bolt mounts or the hole in the roof that the rubber covers. A little silicon on the bolts and rubber, re-tighten and you are good to go. Also check the two windshield bolts, one of mine were leaking, but just tighten these, not too much, and the leaks should stop.

Good luck!

semper_fi

Thank you, Brian. Did the water end up in your ducts? I haven't installed any accessories on the cab. The headliner doesn't seem to have any water in it.

Ernie

Brian Bolger

Site Supporter
No the liner never seemed to be wet, but the dash and instruments and floor would show signs of water. Just depended on where the water came from and how the liner let it come through or around. And really in an average rain the only place it should leak is the roof unless there is a huge amount of wind blowing it in somehow. Oh and the top edge of my windshield was leaking but I opened the window up and cleaned all around the rubber and frame and that seems to have cure it. We were spraying water for that test and it probably was due more to the direct hose spray.

semper_fi

Finally got it fixed!

One of my first statements in this post was wrong ....... it was the windshield. My dealer replaced the windshield seal, but it still leaked. Finally they went to Kubota and they got them to adjust the windshield and the doors also. That cured my leak, and also made my door close easier. Not easy, but easier.

Ricochet

Yeah, I was going to say it was the windshield. The windshield seal will need to be adjusted occasionally via the top hinges and/or bottom latches, especially if you open and close it a lot.

Plus, water will get though the exterior lights via the mounting cushion. It has to be positioned correctly and silicon added to prevent water leakage.