What a gift

<p class="MsoNormal">Well the brand new RTV 900 Recreational model was delivered
to my place in the country this afternoon.<span style="">
</span>I will be breaking in the RTV for my mother.<span style=""> </span>You will not believe this.<span style=""> </span>My mother decided to by my father a Kubota 900
RTV for their anniversary!<span style=""> </span>I helped her
with the selection process.<span style=""> </span>We tried out
the Polaris Ranger, the new John Deere Gator Diesel, and then finally the
Kubota RTV.<span style=""> </span>My mother liked the RTV the
best.<span style=""> </span>My mother grew up on a farm and knows
her machinery.<span style=""> </span>She liked the robust
build of the RTV over the competition.<span style="">
</span>I did plenty of research on all of the models, weighing in the pros and
cons.<span style=""> </span>My local Kubota dealer was more
than happy to drop off a recreational model for the weekend so that I could
give it a good test – after that I was sold.<span style="">
</span><span style=""></span>I currently have a Kubota BX2200
mower and I love their products.<span style=""> </span>I was
sold on the RTV.<span style=""> </span>I will be driving the
unit here at my place until the first scheduled oil change and then I will
deliver it to my parents place so that my Dad can enjoy his new gift.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal">The only problem I have is that I am going to miss the RTV
once I drop it off for my Dad!<span style=""> </span>I might
have to get one for myself after that.<span style="">
</span></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">I told the dealer that my mother was purchasing the unit for
my Dad, and they could not believe it.<span style=""> </span>I
just have to see if my wife can learn from that and possibly surprise me one
day in such a matter!<span style=""> </span></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">I would like to thank the participants of this forum for
providing good information regarding the RTV.<span style="">
</span>I am sure I will be posting some questions and in the future and hopefully<span style=""> </span>be able to help other members out.<span style=""> </span>Thanks.<span style="">
</span><span style=""></span></p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="DieselHound"]I will be driving the
unit here at my place until the first scheduled oil change and then I will
deliver it to my parents place so that my Dad can enjoy his new gift.[/quote]
Congrats to somebody on getting their new RTV.

Your Dad knows about this and he's letting you keep it for the first 50 hours?!?!?! If you're not putting it to work, you may have that unit until next spring...

Oh, I can believe it. My family is very familiar. My wife bought me my tractor (JD 770) with FEL and all the 3-point attachments. My step-mom buys my dad stuff like this all the time.

My Dad does not know about his new gift yet. There would be no way he would let me keep it for the first 50 hours. I have 6 hours on it already. Just put a bead liner in for him and am looking at a plastic roof as well. So far the unit is great. My wife loves to drive it. I am hoping she gets attached to it so that I can justify my own when I deliver my Dad' unit. I can only wish.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Welcome aboard ****</P>

And just dive on in >>> I know someone is having a blast !!!!! Trust me, you will learn more here than you can imagine. Folks here are ALWAYS willling to give you a hand. </P>

I just hate to see a grown man cry when he has to give up his toy.Always remember, good times don't last forever, so, *** Might just go ahead and tell the dealer to get yours ready, for you and I both know, it's a coming >>>>>></P>

</P>

ENJOY THE RTV, EVERYONE ELSE WILL SEE THE SMILE !!! </P>

</P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="DieselHound"]I am hoping she gets attached to it so that I can justify my own when I deliver my Dad' unit. I can only wish.[/quote]
DieselHound,

How long have you been married? Don't you know it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission?

About 2 weeks ago, I found a Kubota G2160-48S (not sure about the last 3 digits) on Craigslist. This tractor new goes for about $9000. Well, the price on Craigslist was too sweet to pass up so I skipped out of work, grabbed the truck and trailer, swung by the bank to get some cash and went and bought it.

I was about 1/2 way home when Mrs. Zoom called and asked why I didn't answer the office line. I told her I was on my way home from buying a tractor. Well, of course she flipped out for awhile. I then justified it and she was then relatively OK with it. That was a good test but I did sell the tractor later that day to a friend...

<p class="MsoNormal">Interesting story, to bad that you had to sell the RTV to a
friend later that day. Well in my case, the wife is the one in love with
the RTV. She absolutely loves it. I do not think there will
be any problems with justifying a RTV of our own.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="DieselHound"]Interesting story, to bad that you had to sell the RTV to a
friend later that day.[/quote]
It wasn't a problem. It was the friend that was looking for the tractor. I found it on Craigslist and gave him the link. It was posted for sale at 7am. When my friend called at around 10am, he was already the 6th caller. Everyone knew this was a deal/steal. Well, since I can slide out of the office, I went and bought it since I knew it wouldn't last until 3PM that same day. I had intended to basically pick it up for my friend but if after looking at it, he didn't want it, I would have kept it for myself or sold it.

[quote user="DieselHound"]Well in my case, the wife is the one in love with
the RTV. She absolutely loves it. I do not think there will
be any problems with justifying a RTV of our own.[/quote]
Glad to hear you wife loves it. Hmmmm, sounds like you need to have your mom talk to your wife. Maybe she can expound on how great she feels giving such a great gift and talk your wife into buying one for you. Now, be careful. If she buys it, she may keep it for herself and tell you to go get your own.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
DieselHound </P>

</P>

Have ya'll been spending the night in the RTV ~~~</P>

That's went you know they are really stuck on it ~~~~......... <<<<<<<<[;)]</P>

Not yet. Might have to try that one in order to help the ownership process.

On a different note, I am glad I went with the ATV style tires. I live in SE Minnesota and we received over 16 inches of rain over the weekend. Of course I had to test out the RTV in wet conditions and it performed nicely.

Chandler

Two Guns, you might be on to something there, about spending the night in the RTV. An idea just popped into my head. This might open up a whole new direction for the RTV. I used to have a Fifth wheel travel trailer and liked to go camping when I got a chance. Wouldn't it be neat to have a camper to pull behind the Kubota or put one in the bed (like on a pickup truck). Imagine the possibilities!!![<:eek:)]

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="DieselHound"]I live in SE Minnesota and we received over 16 inches of rain over the weekend.[/quote]
How are you holding up? Did you get flooded? I know someone in SE Minnesota and he's been posting pics of the damage. What a mess.

We got hit with a very localized, intense storm from the same system. On top of the several inches of rain we received before and after, we got over 6" of rain in under an hour. Let's suffice it to say we too have our flooding issues/clean-up.

<p class="MsoNormal">Well we received plenty of rain.<span style=""> </span>It rained every day for six days.<span style=""> </span>I did not have any damage but I have plenty
of friends with basements that got flooded.<span style="">
</span>About 10 miles East of me is the town of <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Rushford</st1:City></st1:place> and they got hit very hard – entire town
got flooded and 2/3 of the homes there got severe damage.<span style=""> </span>Rain or not, that did not stop me from
putting on some hours on the new RTV.<span style=""> </span>Up
to 11 hours so far.<span style=""> </span><span style=""></span>I now have a good feeling for how the RTV
works and am very pleased with it.<span style=""> </span>I
put a bed liner in bed ( plastic Kubota unit ) and noticed some extra noise
as<span style=""> </span>the result.<span style=""> </span>I am thinking about putting a cow mat in the
bed to eliminate the extra noise.<span style=""> </span>I did
the same in my pickup and it works out great.<span style="">
</span>It also adds some added padding for the dogs if they want to take a ride
in the back.<span style=""> </span>So far I am very pleased
with the machine.<span style=""> </span></p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Has it stopped raining?
We got our basement put back together after our flooding. I'll be getting the backhoe out this weekend to dig for a couple new drain pipes (since the old one couldn't handle the volume causing the backup that flooded the basement).

For the cow mat, are you just going to lay it inside the bed liner (and let the weight take care of the noise)? If you do this, can you do me a favor? I was looking at ways to see if I can baffle the engine noise a little. I'm interested in how much a cow pad quiets the engine. So, if you would, see if you can notice how much quieter the engine sounds (from the passenger compartment) once the pad is installed.

TWO GUNS wrote the following post at 08-21-2007 8:29 AM: TWO GUNS wrote the following post at 08-21-2007 8:29 AM: ......................................................................................................... You know your really hooked on your RTV when you get a tattoo of it.... Just under the one that says MOM !!

<p class="MsoNormal">Just to let you know, I have been experimenting with
dampening the sound as well.<span style=""> </span>I had a
plastic bed lined installed in the bed on my fathers new Kubota RTV
Recreational model in order to cut down on damage to bed.<span style=""> </span>Hauling stones and firewood can take their
toll!<span style=""> </span>I wanted to put something in the
bed so that the dogs could have a good ride when they were tired and needed a
rest ( plastic bed liner is not the best for dogs .<span style=""> </span>I used cow mats before.<span style=""> </span>I have installed them in my ½ ton pickup over
my bed liner for added weight and comfort.<span style="">
</span>I cut the mat so that it lays in the back bed of the Kubota.<span style=""> </span><span style=""></span>I used
a reciprocating <span style=""></span>saw to make the actual
cut – works the best.<span style=""> </span>Also, I cut the
mat only 1/3 way through on the edges and bent the mat so that it can continue
up the sides of the bed.<span style=""> </span>The mat covers
the bottom and sides as one piece.<span style=""> </span>This
system works out nicely.<span style=""> </span>I secured the
mat by putting clamps on the top edge of the bed – to clamp liner to the
bed.<span style=""> </span>If you are really into multi
purpose solutions, use a clamp that has a round eye hole on it so that you can
use the clamp as a tie down as well.<span style="">
</span>The cow mat has cut down the noise amount noticeably.<span style=""> </span>I can take the cow mat if needed to haul
messy load.<span style=""> </span>Hope this helps.<span style=""> </span>I will try to post picture when I get the
time.<span style=""> </span>Thanks. <span style="">
</span></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">Well I finally put on the first 50 hours on my Dad’s
Recreation RTV 900.<span style=""> </span>I had the first oil
service done, and then proceeded to get a roof and windshield installed for
him.<span style=""> </span>I hauled the RTV up to <st1:place><st1:City>Brainerd</st1:City>,
<st1:State>MN</st1:State></st1:place> last week and presented him with his
gift – he loved it!<span style=""> </span></p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">Problem I had when I got back home was that I was used to
using my Dad’s RTV and was now missing it.<span style="">
</span>The local Kubota dealer helped me out with this problem by giving me a
good deal on a demo RTV Recreational with only 30 hours.<span style=""> </span><span style=""></span>It was
a good offer and I know how the unit was used for demo so it was an offer that
I could not refuse.<span style=""> </span>So, I am now a RTV
owner as well.<span style=""> </span>Funny how that works! <span style=""></span></p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
D/H,</P>

Proud you got your hands on one. Nothing feels so good to be the owner of a Kubota RTV ***</P>

I would like to have seen your father when you presented the RTV to him >>> </P>

That was great gift of ya'll doing this for him . </P>

</P>