What to look for when purchasing a used X1100C

uke

Hi
I'm looking at buying my first X1100c 2017. I'm hoping some of the veterans out there could give me a few tips and their experience what to look for before i pick up and close the deal? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
drive it at full throttle until it is good and warm. park it on a dry concrete and look under it for oil or coolant leaks. raise the bed and check the oil in the gearcase as well as the tank under the seat. drive it in all gears stopping and starting and shifting the gears. run the AC and heater through all vent positions and check the cabin air filter. drive several different ones so you can compare how they all drive and operate. have the dealer throw in a set of filters and enough engine oil and SUDT and change the oils yourself. if you can get the dealer to do it have them get an oil analysis on the transmission before any service. might even be a good idea to do an oil analysis even if you pay for it.

Walnut1

Take the cash you are going to spend on the used rtv, go to the dealer and put it down on a new one, and finance the rest for 0% interest if you need to. You will have no mechanical worries. Used ones around here, at least nice ones, are priced so high it‘s not worth the risk not to buy new.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I have a 16’ bought it new. If I was going to buy a used 17’ I would make sure the ac blows cold, check the cv boots, look to see if it has been greased regular, verify service or look for new filters, there are like 3 or 4 radiators make sure they aren’t plugged or smashed from blowing out. The floors rust out under the mat but that shouldn’t be a issue yet.
Otherwise they are pretty bullet proof just get the best deal you can. There was a seatbelt recall if you can use that in your negotiating.

uke

I have a 16’ bought it new. If I was going to buy a used 17’ I would make sure the ac blows cold, check the cv boots, look to see if it has been greased regular, verify service or look for new filters, there are like 3 or 4 radiators make sure they aren’t plugged or smashed from blowing out. The floors rust out under the mat but that shouldn’t be a issue yet.
Otherwise they are pretty bullet proof just get the best deal you can. There was a seatbelt recall if you can use that in your negotiating.
Thanks for the info, appreciated