What’s blue and leaks from a RTV-X?

Iron mike

the radiator in front of the engine under the seat is a transmission oil cooler. the one on the filter also helps warm the oil but is an oil cooler also,i agree that the oring behind that oil cooler wouldn't leak coolant but it should be a sealed unit and unless a hose is leaking or the thing is cracked or something it should not leak coolant. if it leaks to the oil side that could be a catastrophy
I am toying with the idea of bypassing the oil cooler located at the filter by running a new hose from the block to the tee on the coolant line then capping off the two ports on the filter cooler.

I don’t see a downside to this, versus the leak getting worse or leaking coolant into the oil.

Also to clarify the X1120 only has one coolant radiator correct, from reading previous post I had assumed it had two, the second one being what I now know as a hydraulic oil cooler. Do the non X model have two?

Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
maybe you can remove the oil cooler and bench teat it for leaks? if you find a crack you could weld the crack and reinstall?? salvage another oil cooler? i wonder why it would leak? damage from handling? do you still have the old transmission that came out of your machine? you could exchange the oil coolers?????