Why UDT2 in the hydraulic (only) system

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i think there are oils out there that match or exceed the UDT2 but probably not any cheaper. there are many out there that meet the minimum and are quite a bit cheaper and there are ones out there that don't meet the minimums and are a whole lot cheaper. a new hst is expensive. i also think you can run 30 weight engine oil in it and do just fine as long as you change it every couple of weeks?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just traded in a 2016 L3301 tractor with HST that I ran all Amsoil oils in, to include the hydraulic fluid. I never had any problems. I just bought a new MX 6000 tractor and RTV X1100c for our farm and after reading this thread, I may decide to just run the UDT2 in both. Do any of you run Amsoil products in your machines? I've been using Amsoil lubricant in all our cars, trucks, tractors and UTV's for 17 years with great results (no failures) but it sounds like these Kubota RTVs may be more sensitive to other brand lubricants?? I'm a firm believer in good maintenance practices on these machines so I'd like to give them the best lubricants.

Amsoil is top of the line stuff. Always heard good about it but with it not being on the shelves in most stores I settle for something close but probably not as good as Amsoil.

I suspect UDT2 would stand up to Amsoil.
How much did it cost to change the Hydraulic oil for your RTV x1100c with Amsoil?

Guys,if you think udt2 is expensive wait till you price the HST and suction filters for rtv900....62.00 for two filters from kubota dealer near me!!!!! WHAT A BUNCH OF BS!!
Kubota makes a filter kit for these machines, I got all the 3 hydraulic oil filters, 1 engine oil filter, 1 fuel filter and the outer air filter for 120. Yes the filter prices are nuts but this felt like a better deal to me.

Amarillo

Amsoil is top of the line stuff. Always heard good about it but with it not being on the shelves in most stores I settle for something close but probably not as good as Amsoil.

I suspect UDT2 would stand up to Amsoil.
How much did it cost to change the Hydraulic oil for your RTV x1100c with Amsoil?
Doc,

I haven't changed it yet because I'm only at 14 hours on this machine. I had a Bobcat UTV (made by Polaris) before that I ran Amsoil through. My mechanic of 17 years got me started running Amsoil lubricants on all my cars, trucks, tractor and UTV. He was servicing the Texas DPS (Troopers) cars at the time and was having problems with them going through transmissions. He switched them over to Amsoil and the problem went away. According to him, they didn't have a single tranny go down after the switch. After I made the switch to Amsoil Signature Series on our engines and transmissions, my maintenance schedule changed to annual engine oil changes/ 100,000 mile tranny changes. We only put between 10,000- 15,000 miles on our vehicles per year which was well below the change interval of 25,000 or 1 year. I've done the engine oil changes annually for 17 years and I have a Silverado with 204,000 and a Tahoe with 240,000 that still run great. I became a "member" with Amsoil and would receive a discount on the products along with free shipping for most orders. I have found a brand called TRC (Texas Refinery) that I plan to switch to now because of a local supplier. The specs on TRC oils look even better than Amsoil but I'm not sure if the additives are as good. Probably will change the TRC more often but it's not as expensive compared to Amsoil. Still not sure what I'll use in the new X1100c.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the detailed reply.
To me, using the more expensive Amsoil in your RTV would equate to using high test gas in a car that gets little to no extra benefit from the more expensive stuff. But, like I said, that just me.

Like aurthuritis said it is best to change the hydraulic fluid every year or so; it starts to degrade after a year of use no matter how many hours you have on it. If I waited for the recommended hour limit it might be 8 years for me to put on 300 hours. Way to long.