width of xg 850 bed

Len 900

Is the outside width at the front of the sidekick bed the same as a x900 ? My x900 outside width at the front is right at 60 inches. I am thinking of ordering the sidekick front upper bed plate to put on my x900 to close the gap between the bed and cab. Looks like it would fit with drilling two bolt holes at each corner of the x900. Thanks!

Len 900

I was able to stop by my dealer today. He had a sidekick in stock i was able to measure. The bed is the same width as my x900 so i went ahead and ordered the front upper bed plate kit from the sidekick. I will have to drill two holes in the front uprights of my x900. The kit number is k7811-97700. cost is about 185 dollars. Hitchworks has a plate for about 220 dollars but i like the fit of the sidekick plate better. I will report how it worked out when i receive it. If things work well I may consider the sidekick bed extension too.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was able to stop by my dealer today. He had a sidekick in stock i was able to measure. The bed is the same width as my x900 so i went ahead and ordered the front upper bed plate kit from the sidekick. I will have to drill two holes in the front uprights of my x900. The kit number is k7811-97700. cost is about 185 dollars. Hitchworks has a plate for about 220 dollars but i like the fit of the sidekick plate better. I will report how it worked out when i receive it. If things work well I may consider the sidekick bed extension too.
And please post pics of this project. Interesting. :thumb:

ItBmine

Yes, I'd like to see it. I'm not sure what it is? After buying the 1100, I really want to replace my remaining two Polaris's with a Sidekick now.

Len 900

This is what I ordered. It comes stock on the sidekick and extends the front of the bed up. The rubber flap seals the gap between the bed and cab to keep material from falling into engine area. Should fit all x models unless I missed something....we will see.

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 18

Len 900

Quick ....is it a xg850 or a x900....lol. This is my x900 with the xg850 front plate and bed rails. They fit exactly as they fit on the xg. There are two legs that fit into the square box supports that have nuts welded to them. I had to drill four holes for the bolts. This should work well to keep brush out of the engine area.

Attachments

• IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 15