Winch size for a Kubota RTV 900

BigBen

I just bought a 2007 Kubota RTV 900 and would like to mount a winch on it. Any experience's good or bad?</P>

Thanks, BigBen</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
BigBen ,</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>WELCOME * WELCOME * WELCOME >>>> Climb on Board !!!</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000> </FONT><FONT color=#000000>Congratulations*** You made a wise choice !!!!!</FONT></P>

Easy to install, we purchased a Ramsey and a mounting kit ( and winch cover ) !!!! Love it !!! Have the rocker switch model ... ( they also carry the wireless models also ) </P>

This link will show you where the switch is installed :http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/forums/thread/10819.aspx</P>

Best price that was found was at allterrainonline.com</P>

1-877-896-7565</P>

Many forum members here has purchased many things from tires, rims, winches & mount kits, other accessories for the RTVfrom these folks .... Great company to deal with, and their shipping is free on winches !!!</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
What model did you purchase ?</P>

Post us some pictures, we love pics of new units >>> Need to consider a High Rise Air System for you unit !!!! Will really help so much on your new RTV, and help your pocket book in the long run .... It's a super investment on you new unit. Will help you take care of your machine much !!!! [:D]</P>

jdh1

bigben, Like Twoguns, I have a Ramsey winch. Mine is a #3000 lb wireless model. I've mounted mine in the " pocket " in the front, using the mounting holes provided. It's a little tight in there but if you acess the winch from above through the plastic flap over the winch it's not bad. I really like the wireless feature because you don't have to be in the RTV when winching and are not in the " line of fire " of the winch cable. I just recently replaced the cable with a synthetic rope, a great investment for safety. Overall i'm very happy with the Ramsey although I don't use it as much as some of these other guys. jdh1

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
BigBen,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new RTV.

We've discussed winches and what may be best many times on the forum. One of the biggest factors in deciding which is best for you is how you intend to use it? Are you using it to get yourself unstuck? Are you using it to drag things (e.g. logs) to the RTV?

Do a search on this forum for Ramsey (as a keyword) and take a look at a couple of the more recent threads.

Brian