X1100C transmission in High mode

extrafu

Hi!

I've just got a 2020 X1100C that I'll use mostly for snow and light work.

So far I've just used it 4-5 times, many done rides to kids on my dirt road.

Is it normal that when I am on High mode on the transmission, the RTV can barely climb a small hill on the road? On flat, it does 45 Km/h but when I start to climb the small hill (say 100m long), it slowly decreases and at the top, I must be doing 5 Km/h. The engine revs always at the same RPM.

Thanks!

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
depends. a small hill could be a mountain to others. what percent grade would you estimate your hill is? the machine will improve some after it is broken in also. most likely the adjustment needs to be made to your machine control linkages.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If the 1100 is like the old 900's, there's an aux hydraulic pump. When climbing a hill, instead of mashing the go-pedal to the floor, back off the pedal. You'll feel the aux pump kick in. It'll slow down some but you'll feel a lot more power.

Westfield

When I first bought my Kubota X 1100 C on a 30° Hill the machine would go from 25 to 14 MPH until I hit the top of the hill. Now with 50 hours and close to 400 miles on the machine I dropped from 25 to 17 MPH. I gained some speed going up hills as the guys&Gals on this site told me would happen when the machine gets broken in a little bit. Taking it in for the 50 hour service hopefully I'll get some more speed out of it.

Last edited:

extrafu

If the 1100 is like the old 900's, there's an aux hydraulic pump. When climbing a hill, instead of mashing the go-pedal to the floor, back off the pedal. You'll feel the aux pump kick in. It'll slow down some but you'll feel a lot more power.

I indeed did notice this... If I floor it, I seem to have less power. The hill is probably 5%....

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
mine acted like that when it was new. keeping 20 psi in the rear tires helped quite a bit. as it broke in things improved a little and then i learned how to adjust the peddle and speed control lever to factory spec. things drastically improved. on a 4% grade 1/4 mile loaded with aprox 600 lbs and oversized tires at 20 psi i get 30 mph flat and loose to about 27 on grade. downhill i have to back off because it gets a little to fast for me. speed checked with a gps because with larger tires the speedometer is off.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Keep in mind that the power pedal is NOT an accelerator. It’s a hydrostatic transmission control pedal. Pressing on that pedal tells the transmission how to act.... the engine tries to keep the tranny powered by increasing to match what the HST demands.
SO.... if you push the pedal to the floor the HST tries to go FAST, not powerful. Less pedal tells the HST to go slower.... but with more pulling power.

If you have a really tough hill.... you can either go slow or in Low... but you cannot go uphill fast... same as your car.

If you have the HST in “Hi” then let up off the pedal just a wee bit and it’ll climb that hill instead of trying to go fast like it was on flat ground.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
this is a recurring common problem that is easy to fix and is considered factory spec. i have yet to hear of a dealer mechanic that understands the procedure either. the procedure is spelled out step by step in the factory workshop manual also. then there are the emissions problem. because of the horsepower this engine is exempt from def fluid but still has to meet particulate emissions standards. lucky for us Kubota just derated the engine so we can adjust this also.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
this is a recurring common problem that is easy to fix and is considered factory spec. i have yet to hear of a dealer mechanic that understands the procedure either. the procedure is spelled out step by step in the factory workshop manual also. then there are the emissions problem. because of the horsepower this engine is exempt from def fluid but still has to meet particulate emissions standards. lucky for us Kubota just derated the engine so we can adjust this also.

Here’s a youtube explaining how it can be done. ( I wish amateur videographers would get right-to-the-point and skip all the useless jabbering... but anyway... here’ how he did it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz6Rb9wBwf8