Hijacked!

grandpa

Came out and found that my tractor had been hijacked by this little monster. Can't figure out how she reached the pedals, though. She is my youngest granddaughter (almost 3 now) and has a proud "GaGa". ;) Lesson: Don't insist they call you "Grandpa" when they first learn to talk. :pat:

I just wish the wind would quit blowing here enough so I could get some seat time, too.

Attachments

• C&D.jpg
    C&D.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 230
N

Nicahawk

Came out and found that my tractor had been hijacked by this little monster. Can't figure out how she reached the pedals, though. She is my youngest granddaughter (almost 3 now) and has a proud "GaGa". ;) Lesson: Don't insist they call you "Grandpa" when they first learn to talk. :pat:

I just wish the wind would quit blowing here enough so I could get some seat time, too.
I let the first one name me...ended up with just plane ole Pa after the first one started calling me that and the other two picked up on it. Have 3 and one more in June.

xPosTech

Nice tractor and purty operator. My sister's kids had a MaMaw and "Other MaMaw". I had a MamMaw and a BigMomma. Such are the terms of endearment. :smile:

Ted

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good picture. I'll learn from that lesson. I have one grand baby. Bree. She just turned 6 months old and started crawling. Words will be coming soon. I like the idea of letting her name me. She'll do much better than I did. They asked what I wanted her to call me and I said grandpa would be fine. :pat:

Mith

Looks like she's enjoying herself even if she aint going anywhere :D

I see the new hasn't worn off your tractor yet too (plastic still on the seat)! ;)

Dougster

Old Member
Awfully darn cute!!! :thumb: What a great age. :)

Don't ya love how kids take to tractors??? :tiphat:

I think they recognize them instantly for what they are... great big colorful toys! :)

Dougster :starbucks:

Awfully darn cute!!! :thumb: What a great age. :)

Don't ya love how kids take to tractors??? :tiphat:

I think they recognize them instantly for what they are... great big colorful toys! :)

You better rephrase that some of us could get into trouble with comments like that floating around.

It should sound like this ---Darlin you be careful on Grandpa's farm equipment. That is a very useful but sometimes very dangerous piece of equipment. :yum:

Dougster

Old Member
You better rephrase that some of us could get into trouble with comments like that floating around.

It should sound like this ---Darlin you be careful on Grandpa's farm equipment. That is a very useful but sometimes very dangerous piece of equipment. :yum:
Well, it's the truth. Every night that I leave a jobsite where the homeowner has kids, I find all kinds of fingerprints and footprints all over the tractor in the morning. ;) Folks can't seem to resist letting their little kids have some fun on that funny man's big red tractor! ;)

Well, it's the truth. Every night that I leave a jobsite where the homeowner has kids, I find all kinds of fingerprints and footprints all over the tractor in the morning. ;) Folks can't seem to resist letting their little kids have some fun on that funny man's

big red tractor! ;)

I highlighted the two important things in that last post. :yum: :yum:

Dougster

Old Member
I highlighted the two important things in that last post. :yum: :yum:
Well, it's true. ;)

I eventually developed an approach where I tell the parents they can have the kids take a ride on the great red beast... but only after I am all done with my work. Until then, I beg them to keep the kids off the machine after hours. :D It kinda half works. :rolleyes:

grandpa

I let the first one name me...ended up with just plane ole Pa after the first one started calling me that and the other two picked up on it. Have 3 and one more in June.
The first one did name me, then made sure this one called me Ga-ga as well. I shouldn't have insisted on Grandpa, but it's kind of funny how proud I am when they call me that. Someday they'll get "too old" and sophisticated to call me that, sadly.

Time flies whether you're having fun or not, nowadays.

Well, it's true. ;)

I eventually developed an approach where I tell the parents they can have the kids take a ride on the great red beast... but only after I am all done with my work. Until then, I beg them to keep the kids off the machine after hours. :D It kinda half works. :rolleyes:

Don't do it...

A tractor cannot stop before running over a thrown rider, no matter how slowly it is going.

Tractor speed Stopping distance How far tractor travels until the average person reacts
(miles per hour).....(feet).................(feet)
02..................... 6....................... 1.5
05.....................12..................... 3.7
10..................... 30...................... 7.3
15..................... 44...................... 11.0
20..................... 64...................... 14.3

Dougster

Old Member
Don't do it... A tractor cannot stop before running over a thrown rider, no matter how slowly it is going.
Oh, believe me... we are not talking a real ride. In fact, more often than not... their "ride" is limited to sitting in the seat and working the FEL up and down a few times with Daddy on one side and the funny old tractor man on the other. :) The kids get their big thrill and Daddy ends up happy... hopefully without anyone messing with your tractor after hours.

In a perfect world, this wouldn't be necessary. But in the real world of residential excavation and grading services, safety is all about maintaining good client relations. If you don't handle it right, kids in the household can pose a major threat to the business in several ways. If you handle it right, the kids are kept under control, the parents don't get offended... and everyone ends up safe and happy. :)

rback33

I am still tryin to figure who told the OLD guy he was funny...

My 5 y/o has a Papa, a Grandpa, Grandma Nell (my mom's name is Janelle) and a Grandma 2 or Too.. we are not sure which... I say it's TOO to be PC.. hell, she is a grandma, she don't care...

Dougster

Old Member
I am still tryin to figure who told the OLD guy he was funny...
The little kids think I'm funny. :) They kinda ask themselves "Who is this crazy old man shaped like Santa Claus and what on earth is he doing in our backyard with a big red tractor??? :eek:

At least that's the look I see on their faces!!! ;)

Oh, believe me... we are not talking a real ride. In fact, more often than not... their "ride" is limited to sitting in the seat and working the FEL up and down a few times with Daddy on one side and the funny old tractor man on the other. :) The kids get their big thrill and Daddy ends up happy... hopefully without anyone messing with your tractor after hours.

In a perfect world, this wouldn't be necessary. But in the real world of residential excavation and grading services, safety is all about maintaining good client relations. If you don't handle it right, kids in the household can pose a major threat to the business in several ways. If you handle it right, the kids are kept under control, the parents don't get offended... and everyone ends up safe and happy. :)

Well, that's good, because I was having visions of a liability claim that would preclude even PB&J...:rolleyes:

Dougster

Old Member
Next he'll want to drop the "o" in Dougster and view himself a diggin' fool...uh... tool. :cool: Preordained to dig.

Ted
Never thought I'd end up a "ditch digger" at this point in my life... but it's a fact. :eek: Ya do what you've got to do. :( It's reassuring to know that I can go back to an office at anytime and resume a career that paid quite well... but it's not what I want to do. Just got a call yesterday for a short engineering assignment that probably would have paid more than I will make all year ditch digging... but I turned it down for fear that the timing would harm the start of my 2008 digging season rather badly. :(

Yes, stupid moi. :rolleyes: