'06 RTV

G

There are some changes comming on the '06 RTV's. The model is not changing, its still the RTV900, however there are a few minor changes. First, the seat is wider and more contoured. The seat belts are now automotive style retracting ones. The most notable change is that they are adding a lever to dump the hydro preasure if you are having trouble shifting the transmission. There will also be a new accessory kit comming with a hydro cooler and remote, a air cleaner that bolts to the top of the rops, and an independant throttle that can be used to speed up the engine when using the hydrolic attachments. </P>

I think these changes are awhile off still, there was no demo unit at the dealer meeting. </P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Not sure how they're going to fit a wider seat in there but it would be handy since I have 2 passengers a lot of times.
Retractable seatbelts would be nice.</P>

[quote user="MessickFarmEqu"]a air cleaner that bolts to the top of the rops[/quote]</P>

That one confuses me. What's the air cleaner for?
</P>

G

I think the point is that its a higher flow version for use when using those hydraulic implements since the machine is under constant stress. That, and it looks darn cool!</P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Do you have any pics?</P>

My ROPS is very crouded with other "stuff" and I was just curious where they put it.</P>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It would really be great to get a better air intake. I have to clean my air cleaner 2x a week because is is soo dusty right now ...47 days without rain.I have been considering making up my own extending pipe . maybe with an intake something like the old mule but with a slot downward. Thanks for the information and a great forum. Bordercollie.

Ricochet

The new air intake will mount to the right rear side of the ROPS and I don't think it has any additional air flow the way it is configured. It's larger mainly due to the extra air duct work and it's only meant to be usedwith the new turf utility model but Iimagine folks will retrofit it for other models for dusty environments and the like. The seat is not wider side to side but wider front to back.and a little thinner. The "hood" is now riveted on and the rivetsare visible. There will be a knob you pull while applying the brake (first)to engage the bypass relief in the those rare times you can't get out of a certain range. Lastly, there are several changes in the form of steel to plastic (side covers, muffler cover/guard& others) and different frame weldments.