1100 Increase Pressure

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Just some bigger pictures so it's easier to see.

Attachments

• RTV1100 Relief Valves A.jpg
    RTV1100 Relief Valves A.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 243
  • RTV1100 Relief Valves B.jpg
    RTV1100 Relief Valves B.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 242

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
You asked the question and Jim at Lloyd Adams was kind enough to confirm and fix my diagrams to show the proper port locations. Thanks allot Jim.

Also, he wrote;
For Neutral (Differential) pressure check, you put a 250psi gauge in both the forward and reverse ports. But be very very careful if you move the lever forward or back to much or to far the pressure will spike and blow your gauge, or just ruin it.

I've set set a bunch of reliefs to 3900 psi to 4000 psi so far nothing has broke because of it.

My only comment, without gauges you are flying blind. eeek! You guys who are just cranking down on the check valves without checking for pressures are risking the long term future of your transmissions. IMHO!

Good Luck.

Attachments

• HST Valve Ports.jpg
    HST Valve Ports.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 210
  • HST Valve Ports 2.jpg
    HST Valve Ports 2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 210

King

What's the normal pressure from the factory supposed to be. At least we could check and make sure we are at the specs and monitor it as the machine gets more hours on it.

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Here you go. Same for both forward and reverse.

Attachments

• HST Valve Ports Pressure.jpg
    HST Valve Ports Pressure.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 204

Rogerwh0

That seems crazy to me that there is nearly 600 psi variance on the spec (3280 to 3840). That is basically 20%. It explains why there is such vast differences in machines performing better than others. Seems like a large margin to me.

PA Jeep

Spud could you measure the OD of your gauge setup that threads into Port 1 and 3. (M12,14,16,18,20) x1.5??? And thanks for the great Pics and information!!

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
PA,
I have not done any of this setup.

I had my dealer do the neutral adjustment which they said was off by quite a bit. That is the low pressure side and reguires something like a 0-200 psi gauge, 2 of them plus adapters, and as mentioned if you move the lever too much the pressure builds and you blow up the gauge. However, after adjusting the neutral they did not adjust the HST rod and I'm sure now my servo piston adjustment was off.

The high pressure side requires a higher pressure gauge, which I bought but never got the chance to use.

My idea was to remove a plug and have my machinist make me an adapter, then go to work and adjust the high side to 4k psi for both forward and reverse.

That's why shops are charging $200 for fine tuning these. Takes time and some gauges plus the knowledge. Once set I believe you should be impressed, depending on how far off the factory did the setup. They have min and max amounts and if yours happens to be on the min side it's got to be a slow performer.

I don't have my RTV 900 or 1100 anymore. Just a burning interest in how they work and with having spent so much time with mine trying to make it better will always wish I had a few more hours of tuning to finish the job.

Warning: HST has 3-4K psi pressure. That is enought to cut a finger or hand off in seconds. Be carefull with fittings, leaks and adapters when testing.

Just my thoughts. And they are only worth 2 cents.

Good Luck.

PA Jeep

Thanks Spud, I'll give my 1100 a bath this weekend so I can remove a plug to measure then order a metric to JIC adapter for my DIY hose/gauge setup. I'll post when I figure out the thread size/pitch.

Art454

Thanks Spud, I'll give my 1100 a bath this weekend so I can remove a plug to measure then order a metric to JIC adapter for my DIY hose/gauge setup. I'll post when I figure out the thread size/pitch.

Lets us know were you buy the gauge setup....I would be interested in one myself if not to much money.

Art

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know what these cost but why not get together and buy a single set of gauges, use it then mail on to the next person.

I one person wants to keep it, maybe they buy it then "rent" it to other members for something like 10% of its cost.

maddog

Interesting thread....I wouldn't mind having the local tech check my pressures out if I knew I could trust his work. I'm sure my dad would love to help me on my rtv as he was a mech that worked on Hannifin hydraulic equipment. The big thing would be getting all the correct fittings and gauges ready to go.

PA Jeep

I have two 5000 psi and two 300psi liquid filled gauges in my shop and enough hydraulic hoses to sink a large rowboat, after the weekend I'll order the metric to JIC adapters to make it safely work. I priced out what I have and cost of adapts I need to purchase and it looks to be about $125-$150 for everything plus shipping if I bought it through my normal hydraulic vendors. I'll post up a parts list and a good internet parts source later this weekend.