1100 Increase Pressure

Art454

I have two 5000 psi and two 300psi liquid filled gauges in my shop and enough hydraulic hoses to sink a large rowboat, after the weekend I'll order the metric to JIC adapters to make it safely work. I priced out what I have and cost of adapts I need to purchase and it looks to be about $125-$150 for everything plus shipping if I bought it through my normal hydraulic vendors. I'll post up a parts list and a good internet parts source later this weekend.

Really be nice to buy the complete package deal at one place.
I mean everything you need as I don't have anything laying around like that stuff.

Art

Art454

Also would be nice if someone who had the gauges that did the adjustment

could tell us at 1/2 turn in what the pressure went up and at 1 turn in also.

That would get us in the ballpark for those that could not afford the tools.

Thanks. Art

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Also would be nice if someone who had the gauges that did the adjustment

could tell us at 1/2 turn in what the pressure went up and at 1 turn in also.

That would get us in the ballpark for those that could not afford the tools.

Thanks. Art

Not having a dog in this hunt, Art; but it would seem to me that in the discussions there is a huge amount of "allowance" of settings coming from the factory. Would it be valid if someone with "X" PSI turned 1/2 turn and got certain result but another person with "Y" PSI turned 1/2 turn would get a different result???

It would seem one would at least need to know the beginning PSI as it comes from the factory, to determine how much or which way one needs to adjust the valve........

For me, it would truly be worthwhile to KNOW these settings, cause with my luck, my unit is already set to the MAX and adding anymore blind, will cause damage..........Good luck and God bless........Dennis

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
I agree DD, that is the whole reason for using the gauges.

What is the current PSI? and blindly adding more spring pressure to one that is near the max.

Hope you have deep pockets, it could get expensive.

Probably $2-3K to rebuild a trany.

PA Jeep

Removed Port 2 and 3 on my rtv1100. (passenger side) Kubota has made some changes for the better by making these ports parallel threads with O-rings. (rather than tapered pipe thread) BTW my machine is a 2012 purchased in 2011 and the port sizes are larger on ports 1 and 3 with a smaller port 2 also Port 1 on drivers side and port 3 on passenger side are plugged by the same O-ring type plug which I'm sure is the recommended port locations to connect your gauges. (small tapered plugs are also available on reverse sides of the rtv) I measured the plugs that I removed and have ordered some 1/4 1nd 3/8 BSPP (British Straight Pipe Parallel) threaded male-to-male adapters to connect to my -6 JIC female hoses. I normally order from discount hydraulic hose. com. Plugs came out fairly easy but I recommend reading and following the above thread that is referenced by Spud on pointers to remove the plugs. Some pics below.

Attachments

• RTV pic1.jpg
    RTV pic1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 246
  • rtv pic2.jpg
    rtv pic2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 235

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Great to see the updates PA.

Just a reminder for everyone, the transmission should be warmed up before taking measurements.

The neutral adjustment apparently fluctuates so must be checked 3 or 4 times to get a good feel for the best or closest pressures.

And the high pressure pop off is quick so you need to keep and eye on the gauges to capture the actual pressure when it releases.

Wish it was me doing this or I was there to watch!!!

Will be interesting to see the before and after specs and performance results.

Art454

You asked the question and Jim at Lloyd Adams was kind enough to confirm and fix my diagrams to show the proper port locations. Thanks allot Jim.

Also, he wrote;
For Neutral (Differential) pressure check, you put a 250psi gauge in both the forward and reverse ports. But be very very careful if you move the lever forward or back to much or to far the pressure will spike and blow your gauge, or just ruin it.

I've set set a bunch of reliefs to 3900 psi to 4000 psi so far nothing has broke because of it.

My only comment, without gauges you are flying blind. eeek! You guys who are just cranking down on the check valves without checking for pressures are risking the long term future of your transmissions. IMHO!

Good Luck.

Do you adjust both the right side and the left side at the same time?
Or just one side....seems like you would have to turn both sides in lets say 1/2 turn to be equal?

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Art,
The Neutral adjustment is the allen screw on the left side of the transmission block and you hook up two gauges, one on the left port and the other on the right port, then adjust the pressure to be as equal as possible.

The release pressure is for forward and reverse. Both independent of each other and you use one gauge to do one at a time.

Left and right is only referring to where the ports are.

Hope this helps.

Or am I confused on your "right side and the left side" question.

Look at these again and you should see what I mean;
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=111782&postcount=24

Last edited:

Art454

Art,
The Neutral adjustment is the allen screw on the left side of the transmission block and you hook up two gauges, one on the left port and the other on the right port, then adjust the pressure to be as equal as possible.

The release pressure is for forward and reverse. Both independent of each other and you use one gauge to do one at a time.

Left and right is only referring to where the ports are.

Hope this helps.

Or am I confused on your "right side and the left side" question.

Look at these again and you should see what I mean;
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=111782&postcount=24

I meant to increase the high pressure sides for a little more speed and torque? OK I see now 13 and 16 adjust the pressure and the side ports for the pressure gauges.

Last edited:

Art454

This spring is inside a 10mm allen head plug. It sits directly on the back of the transmission by the filter. The one you are referring to I believe is the HST neutral adjustment?

I finally found that little sucker after I got my manual out....with all the brackets in the was and all that brake stuff in the way to bleed off the high pressure when you hit the brake...I found it. I really have no problems with mine as far as speed and power so no reason to mess with it....just made me mad I could not find the stupid thing.....lol

Been Thinking about selling it and getting me a enclosed tractor with cab with snow blower.

I only have 140 hours on my 1100 with about 20 hours of it just warming it up before I use it. Only use it for pushing snow. Its a 2009 model I would think its should be worth 15,000. Looks like new...never been in the salt and never used the box.

What others think its worth?

Passage Plugs

Anyone,

Are the extra Passage Plugs Threaded also????

Al

I have one leaking slightly, it appears that someone tried to drill out a broken hex socket at one time. Only thing is it doesn't look like it had a socket in it. Go figure.....