1100C mirrors

1100C

Got tired of looking at the cage thru the inside center mirror, so after looking on line, I settled for 2 of Kubota's mirror kits. They are sold separately and were cheaper at the dealer than on line. It’s amazing how screwed up the hardware is for the mirrors and the figure photos were barely viewable. Kubota, you should be ashamed of yourself for marketing such a crappy accessory.

The directions were poor for the 1100c install. The vehicle, as we know is metric, the mirror hardware standard, with different size bolts and locknuts. Had me running back and forth for sockets and wrenches...LMAO.

Really, it wasn’t ALL that bad, just expected better from Kubota marketing I guess. You would think, Kubota would have a nicer mirror for this machine. Aftermarket is no better I’m afraid.

Rant Over...:14_6_12:

hellasmania

The x1100C mirrors (part number V5059) are indeed functional yet of poor design/quality. The ball and socket pivots on the mirrors are metal on plastic and kept tight by 2 little screws. Also the installation of the mirror to the arms is not well thought out at all.

I cannot see the passenger mirror well enough through the window on that side for it be useful as the driver in the vertical position - will try turning longwise.

Last edited:

Westfield

Got tired of looking at the cage thru the inside center mirror, so after looking on line, I settled for 2 of Kubota's mirror kits. They are sold separately and were cheaper at the dealer than on line. It’s amazing how screwed up the hardware is for the mirrors and the figure photos were barely viewable. Kubota, you should be ashamed of yourself for marketing such a crappy accessory.

The directions were poor for the 1100c install. The vehicle, as we know is metric, the mirror hardware standard, with different size bolts and locknuts. Had me running back and forth for sockets and wrenches...LMAO.

Really, it wasn’t ALL that bad, just expected better from Kubota marketing I guess. You would think, Kubota would have a nicer mirror for this machine. Aftermarket is no better I’m afraid.

Rant Over...:14_6_12:

I also have these crappy mirrors. Every time I slam the door shut the mirror moves. The cheap plastic that holds the ball in the socket definitely needs to be redesigned, I've tightened them more than once already.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
take a lesson from the 1970 british cars. go to yhe auto truck supply and buy a set of clamp on mirrors and clamp them to your brush guard. you will love them and they are always in your vision.

Grover C

I have to agree the mirrors are terrible, very cheaply made. I can't get the tiny screws tight and every time you shut the door they move.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I dont know where the previous owner got the mirror on my X1100c , But it is mounted to the upper door hing bolt / hardware. Its a little works .

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Yes I am another one that thinks these factory mirrors could/should have been made better. Has anyone come up with a mod or quick fix for these? Seems like a lot of members would benefit.