1140 Cab

rfritz

What was lacking in the 1100, was it power, speed or both?I thoughtboth the 1100 and 1140 have the same24.8 hp engine and samehydro. The 1100 weighs 110 lbs more, I wouldn't think the extra weight would have much of an effect.</p>

I didn't think about not hearing what was happening outside the cab. Someone did mention that to talk to somone, you had to open the door. I was told they can't put a slidingwindow in the 1100 because of the curved glass. I was told the new models will have a small sliding opening in the center of the windows.</p>

Roy</p>

</p>

rrroae

My 1100 was from last year before the updates. The NEW models will have all the upgrades and will most likely run on par with the 1140.</p>

</p>

The problems I was having with the 1100 centered around lack of power(even with hand throttle) and the need to downshift whenever going up any incline steeper than 7-8' degrees. The thing was a slug and the cab rattled incessantly. I will say the cabin was airtight. More quiet than some cars I've driven in. It just never occurred to me that half the fun in driving an UTV is the open cab. After 1 1/2 weeks the doors came off which helped quite a bit but between the rattling and conplete lack of power, I knew this wasn't for me.</p>

</p>

</p>

Now if I lived down south, I might change my tune come summer.</p>

rfritz

Found out some more info on the 1100 today. The new models will have a sliding window. From what the dealer described this will be a whole new door, that has flat glass instead of the rounded glass of the existing door. I don't know if they are available if I order now or if I need to wait. Dealer to let me know.</p>

Existing 1100 owners can replace their doors to get the sliders, but at a price of about $800 from Kubota. I did find an after market window for the 1100. http://www.sfsspecialties.com/pages/customcatalogs/viewcategories/1146/Kubota_Accessories.aspx</p>

</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
rfritz:</p>

Welcome to the Forum. Lots of good folks in here offering practical advice on the use and abuse of the Kubota RTV series. Keep in mind at all times that humor sprinkled in with helpful hints is not intended to offend. Well, not meant to offend anyone in a serious way. </p>

The cab/door issue is problemantic for those needed to get in and out of their 1100 RTV's on a frequent basis.I think the 1100 Kubota cabs are well built and the heat and air systems operate pretty well. One has to wrestle with the idea of taking the doors off in the summer and not taking full advantage of the A/C. I understand taking the doors off is not a big deal, but just another hassle. And, do any of us need more complications in our lives. However, wintertie, especially up therein Pa's Somerset Co can be brutal (I live on border of Westmoreland/Indiana Co,) and I would think a heated enclosed cab would be welcomed at times. Goes back towhatever works best for you. Here on the Forum we have discussed the idea of havingsliding windows on the doors of the 1100 cab but I don't know if that is in the future works at the Kubota factory or not.</p>

Come back often to the Forum and keep us updated on what you have decided.</p>

Keifer,aRTV wannabe</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Timing is everything....LOL rfritz I just saw your new posting. </p>

Good news on the sliding window from Kubota. Looks like the design engineersmight be listening to the end usersafter all. RTV owners were also sayingthat closing the doors was a bit of a pain too because the cab was so tight that the doors had to be forceably closed... to overcome inside air pressure. </p>

rfritz thanks for the info.</p>

Keifer, a RTV wannabe</p>

rfritz

I found an aftermarket sliding window for the 1100. I gave them a call, the inner windows is glass, but the outer window is plexiglass. Their windows goes in your existing door. Here is their website </p>

http://www.sfsspecialties.com/</p>

</p>

Factory sliding windows will be available as an option on the 2010 RTV 1100. I think you will also be able to get the1100 with the original doors. Existing 1100 owners will be able to order replacements for their machines. It will be an entire new door, not just a replacementwindow. I was told they willbe available April or May2010.Doors will be sold separately so you can order drivers, passenger or both in either camo or orange. It is glass, not Lexan or plexiglass. Part numbers are drivers orange - V4294, passenger orange - V4295, drivers camo - 4296 & passenger camo - V4298. Here is what they will look like</p>

</p>

door1.jpg
door2.jpg
</p>

</p>

It looks like I will need to order a unit now and then order repacement doors next year.</p>

</p>

Roy</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Roy</p>

rfritz

Ordered my new ride yesterday, should have it within two weeks. Decided to go with the 1100 camo RTV tires, spay in bed liner, and rear window screen. It will be coming from the Ohio factory, so it will have all the updates. </p>

I am thinking about ordering new wheels and turf tires next spring. I went with ATV tires nowbecause I want the traction in the winter. In the summer I will be using it mostly on gravel roads and grass, that is why I was thinking about the turf tires, so I don't tear the sod up.</p>

Any suggestion on tire and wheels?</p>

</p>

rfritz

Ordered my new ride yesterday, should have it within two weeks. Decided to go with the 1100 camo ATV tires, spay in bed liner, and rear window screen. It will be coming from the Ohio factory, so it will have all the updates. </p>

I am thinking about ordering new wheels and turf tires next spring. I went with ATV tires nowbecause I want the traction in the winter. In the summer I will be using it mostly on gravel roads and grass, that is why I was thinking about the turf tires, so I don't tear the sod up.</p>

Any suggestion on tire and wheels?</p>

</p>

rfritz

Sorry for the double post. My browser hung up and I refreshed. I deleted one last night, but it has not been removed yet.</p>

My dealer told me the doors are scheduled to start shipping in May, but he feelsthe demand for new machines may push back the delivery of whole goods orders.</p>

Dealers can place the orders for the new doors now, so if anyone wants to upgrade their machinecall your dealer and use the part numbers I supplied in the earlier post. These parts numbers came straight off the Kubota service literature.</p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
You can purchase OEMtires & wheels in a set from your dealer.</p>

Seems like alast year,our dealer was selling </p>

the tire & rimunder$100.00 each. Tire was mounted on rims, ready to install...Seems like it was like in the$88.00 area !!!</p>

OEM rims are easier to keep clean ~~~</p>

</p>

..... two guns </p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
[quote user="TWO GUNS"]</p>

You can purchase OEMtires & wheels in a set from your dealer.</p>

Seems like alast year,our dealer was selling </p>

the tire & rimunder$100.00 each. Tire was mounted on rims, ready to install...Seems like it was like in the$88.00 area !!!</p>

OEM rims are easier to keep clean ~~~</p>

</p>

..... two guns </p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

you got that right them stock rims are hard to clean but the aftermarket kind are very easy because most have big hole or hole shapes cut into them and you can shoot the hose right into them to wash the mud out.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on your new RTV!!!!</p>

I only have a minute to post but for the tires, I'd look at the worksite tires for summer use. As I recall, the turf tires are a smaller diameter. Also, if you get OEM, buy them from the sales department as wholegoods as opposed to the parts department. It's much cheaper.</p>

</p>

solitude

</p>

Hi
You won't be sorry getting the 1100 for sure.It's a great toy!
Coast valve makes it much easier to drive if a lot of different people are using it.Thanx for door numbers as i might try to getthem in spring,at least it will be easier to close doors with window cracked a bit.The hard closing doors are a pain even in winter if you are in an outa lot.I would think that tires that are bigger in diameter might be harder to turn as these 1100 aren't overpowered but I don't know.
Well enjoy your new 1100!</p>

G

We've sold a few of those cabs. They are really nice, also very expensive. As for your question between an 1140 and 1100. Easy... if you need the 4-seats get the 1140... if not get the 1100. The fit and finish of the 1100 is much better. Can't help but think the 1140 looks like a bus with the cab on. </p>

</p>