2007 Kubota 900 muffler

THERMONUCLEAR

Hi all. Great site. Fixed my recently purchased rtv no speed or power problem with the information from this site. It was a collapsed trans hose. I’m looking for some info on the tailpipe. It was missing when I bought it. Can someone measure the inside diameter for me? I need to make one up and weld it on. Thank you.

Junkman

Administrator
Measure the stub that is sticking out of the muffler, and just find a pipe that slips over that stub. Weld a bead around it to the muffler, and you are good for a few more years until the muffler rusts out. My experience with exhaust parts is that once one part falls off from rust, the rest of the system will need replacing shortly. Your mileage might vary.

THERMONUCLEAR

Thanks Junkman. Not in my case tho. There is no rust! Previous owner seems to have snapped it off somehow.

Attachments

• IMG_0425.jpeg
    IMG_0425.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree Smilingreen. If they cut off the spark arrestor it will be off balance and the tailpipe will eventually fatigue. Don't ask me how I know.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
If it were mine…and if I only used it on my own property…. I’d either take it to a muffler shop and have them repair it… OR…I’d simply add a home-made 90-degree pipe. The genuine part is over $400. Although you can order only the spark arrestor (item 60) which is not expensive and mfr’ a tailpipe for it perhaps.

Attachments

• IMG_2693.png
    IMG_2693.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

THERMONUCLEAR

That’s what I plan on doing is making up my own tail pipe and welding it on. Can someone just measure there inside diameter of the tailpipe. I want to make sure the back pressure is comparable to original. Thanks