2009 Rtv 500 help!

Cman

I have a 2009 Rtv500. Not really looking for speed as much as TORQUE. The rtv cranks right up, and shifts fine. But bogs down so easy just on alittle slope in yard. It’s super slow. I seen where people said adjust servo screw but where is it?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've never owned a RTV 500 but the RTV 900's and 1100's have a spark arrester in the muffler. when it gets clogged it will do exactly what you are describing. If you have one it might be in end of the muffler. It's made to be cleaned / serviced so screws will be there to take it out.

Cman

Thank you appreciate it, Never thought of that. I am going to change all filters also and transmission fluid also. I seen a thread also where a lot people where adjusting the servo screw.

Reactions: Doc

Cman

I have a 2009 Rtv500. Not really looking for speed as much as TORQUE. The rtv cranks right up, and shifts fine. But bogs down so easy just on alittle slope in yard. It’s super slow. I seen where people said adjust servo screw but where is it?
I've never owned a RTV 500 but the RTV 900's and 1100's have a spark arrester in the muffler. when it gets clogged it will do exactly what you are describing. If you have one it might be in end of the muffler. It's made to be cleaned / serviced so screws will be there to take it out.
I took spark arrester off pretty clean, inside muffler there is metal mesh should I take it out. It does not want to come out

Cman

Clean spark arrestor but once removed inside muffler it’s packed with metal mesh. Like if you pack gaws or something. Adjust servo screw and changed torque but still bogging down. Seems to be that metal mesh?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
depends. If you recently put in Kubota fluids I would not change them. If it's been awhile or you are unsure what fluids were used it's worth the peace of mind to change them.