2020 Kubota RTV-X1140 UTV Possible Transmission issues?

Btcustomknive

I just purchased a RTV at auction and the description read:

"2020 KUBOTA RTV-X1140 UTV, VIN: A5KD2GDBCLG039343, METER READS 1,906 HOURS, KUBOTA DIESEL ENGINE, 4X4, HYDRAULIC DUMP BED, CREW CAB, CANOPY, WINDSHIELD (CRANKS & RUNS BUT WILL NOT TRAVEL UNDER ITS OWN POWER)"

So im going to be learning a lot about Kubota's in the near future. If anyone has had similar issues and give me a starting point I would really appreciate it. I know I haven't given much on the diagnosis but that's all I have at this time. I will pick it up next week and will hopefully have a better idea of possible issues>

Thanks!

Brad

Smilingreen

Start off by replacing all fluids, filters and checking the suction screen in the hydraulic tank to make sure it is clean. Make sure you use fluids from Kubota. Make sure your suction line is not kinked or is collapsing. Good chance doing these items will correct it.

Btcustomknive

Start off by replacing all fluids, filters and checking the suction screen in the hydraulic tank to make sure it is clean. Make sure you use fluids from Kubota. Make sure your suction line is not kinked or is collapsing. Good chance doing these items will correct it.
I change fluids and filters and cleaned the suction screen and no change. When I pulled the suction filter there were fine metal flakes. I didn't thinks to check the charge filter to see if it had it as well(I already threw it out) but I'm sure if it was in one it was in the other.

I also found the spring from the neutral lever on the speed change lever was missing. A friend (not an expert) said they remove it so they can start it in any gear? It will start in neutral, high, low, or reverse.

I guess the next step would be to pull the HST? the machine has 1900 hours/20,000 miles, im just wondering if I cut my losses and chalk it up as an expensive lesson.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Junkman

Administrator
Right now, you have an expensive boat anchor, so unless you are ready to cut your losses and just bail out for what you have in it or even lose money in the end is a personal decision. If it were me, I would look into the cost of a transmission from Kubota rather than trying to rebuild it yourself. A few weeks ago there was a new transmission listed on Facebook Marketplace in New England however, I believe that the listing is gone now. Possibly there is a Kubota salvage yard that might have a used one, or you could find a mechanic with Kubota knowledge and have him rebuild it. I have a friend who used to rebuild hydrostatic transmissions that were used in lawnmowers, they were quite complicated, and he finally retired. Told me that he doesn't miss doing that work at all.