3rd Function

Btcustomknive

I recently purchased a 2016 JD 5065E and it doesn't have a 3rd function. Can anyone recommend a good website to order a kit?

Thanks

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Can't help with a website. :(
Are you referring to a "power beyond" kit?
I was just looking at my neighbors 4052 and he has it. Got it dealer installed when he bought the tractor. As he recalls, it wasn't very expensive (maybe less than $500). Check out https://shop.deere.com/us/ who has the OEM part. Once you have the right part # for your tractor, you can buy the actual Deere kit or search for aftermarket solutions that may meet your needs.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
BTW, I see you're in Melbourne. I have a place there. How the heck do you have agricultural land there? IMHO, it's overrun with residential places with less than 1/2 acre.

Btcustomknive

BTW, I see you're in Melbourne. I have a place there. How the heck do you have agricultural land there? IMHO, it's overrun with residential places with less than 1/2 acre.
Nice 1/4 acre farm here in Viera! I have property in Mississippi that I’m trying to get set up for retirement. I like to be self sufficient when I can, it usually ends up costing me, but some lessons are not free. Someone recommended W.R. Long for the 3rd function valve kit, but I have a 2016 and it’s saying that one is for a 2017. Same loader 520m.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We have a very nice place down there but it's a bit too populated for my taste. It's just a get-a-way place for the Mrs. as she has a lot of family in the area. Viera is a very up-and-coming area. I only go there for the Costco. ;)
OK, back to tractor stuff. I have no personal experience with WR Long. Maybe call them to see if the kit fits your 2016? If you're in FL and your tractor is in MS, how often do you run the tractor? Not specific to your product info in general but I've gotten burned more than once by buying a product then not using it in time or enough to see if it works before the warranty runs out. If you buy something like this from whomever, make sure you can give it a thorough and rigorous test right out of the gate so you're sure it's working while on warranty.