A question about SMV plates.

zionview

In Pennsylvania, you must have an SMV on the back of anything traveling under 25 MPH. A friend was towing a wagon with an SMV on the back with his pickup and got ticketed for going over 25. PA also has a program for farms in which you can apply for a yellow "farm tag". It is a decal that is placed on the door of a farm truck. With the tag you are legal to drive farm-to-farm, 35 miles to get the truck serviced and 250 miles to pickup or deliver farm goods. You must still run "road fuel" in your truck if it is diesel. Trucks with farm tags do not need inspected, but must be insured.

Mith

Sounds like you have a similar problem to me then Quincy on the identity of the tractor, mine doesn't even have a serial number.

I'm not sure what the penalty for driving it on the road unregistered, I occasionally cross or go a little way down the road, but I can go mostly on the verge.
I would rather not lose my license over it though, but I'm more worried about someone driving into me and claiming it was my fault.

I'd be interested to hear how it works out for you.

zionview

I made a typo on my last post: you can drive 150 miles for goods and supplies, not 250. And I forgot one item, which is commercial trucks must be inspected even if they have a farm tag. Sorry.
Yesterday, I was moving snow with my loader, and on the spur of the moment, decided to run up the road(without an SMV) to dig out a neighbor who was shoveling out his truck by hand. A local police officer followed me back to my place. He didn't stop, but did stare me down as I turned into my drive. Someday, I'll learn.