Aftermarket starter

aznomad450

The starter on my RTV 850 (2018 model) just crapped out. Finally got it off (really hard to get to) and it is stamped with Mitsuba SM17. It is trashed on the inside. Searched on internet, lots of bad info on compatible starters. Found one on Amazon that looks correct so I ordered it. Might not fit but I refuse to pay $600+ from dealer until I at least try a couple different ones. I'll let you know if it actually fits. BTW, I do not like my Kubota RTV 850. Between the jumpy throttle (absolutely makes it worthless for spraying or any low speed work), seals around propeller shaft falling off, general maintenance issues, it is not a good machine.
The armature magnets on mine are shattered into about 10 pieces. They were all stuck to the windings when I removed it from the case. Mine is stamped Mitsubishi MS-17 on the end cap. I have searched off and on for 3 days. Found a couple on Amazon and on Ebay but the output shaft is too smal in diameter (roughly .375 inches) as compared to the one I removed (roughly .559 inches) There seems to be no options to buy directly from Mitsubishi. Have you discovered any options.

Aweiss

Mine is stamped Mitsubishi MS-17 on the end cap. I have searched off and on for 3 days. Found a couple on Amazon and on Ebay but the output shaft is too smal in diameter (roughly .375 inches) as compared to the one I removed (roughly .559 inches) There seems to be no options to buy directly from Mitsubishi. Have you discovered any options.
Try contacting your Kabota dealership. I did for mine and it ended up. It was a recall part on my 2019. They came to my farm serviced it and also repaired a couple of other recall items all for free. Good luck.

Groffwt

I got one on ebay for $550. The part number is EG881-63010. I got it from seller "myjohnny0531". However I don't see any available on there right now, but you could check. It was a new one, and works perfectly. That being said, anything over $200 for that piece-of-crap starter is robbery. Mine was totally destroyed inside, and I have a whopping 400 miles on my Kubota. This particular starter doesn't ever disengage from the flywheel (there is no engagement pinion) so it sits there and spins the whole time. Stupid, stupid, design.