Anyone use this coast plug for x1100c?

CaptRon

Hey guys. New here.
I just picked up a 2015 RTV1140CPX. I've thrown my great Dane out of the back seat a couple of times now.
The original ebay link is no longer valid but I found this one.
Says it fits, can anyone verify before I purchase?
Also, check out this video. Anyone ever done this?

tfdr1

Hey guys. New here.
I just picked up a 2015 RTV1140CPX. I've thrown my great Dane out of the back seat a couple of times now.
The original ebay link is no longer valid but I found this one.
Says it fits, can anyone verify before I purchase?
Also, check out this video. Anyone ever done this?

Here's a new link to the one on eBay but it appears to be the same as the one you posted.

CaptRon

Here's a new link to the one on eBay but it appears to be the same as the one you posted.

I saw that one too. The packaging does not say 1140. It looks the same though.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
some time back there was a thread when someone removed the tamper sleeve and adjusted the stem on the original.

Hi guys. I got my coast valve of ebay, 159.00 bucks. best money ive spent on my 2011 rtv900 xt!! On my machine it looks more like a spool valve than a plug,No more head in windshield bullcrap. 100 hr on this and no issues, Also i think it really helps ujoints as without, its joints work double hard to stop machine. Very,Very happy. Cheers, Scotty

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Only owners that haven't installed one will say it's not needed. I've never heard an owner that has one say it's not needed. :)

It’s rare that someone who spends good money on a gadget will admit they spent foolishly....myself included.... LOL.

I have a 2014 RTV-X900. I too was startled at the heavy deceleration which occurs when quickly letting off the pedal. (I started to write “accelerator” but that’s not what it actually is....but I digress...)

I have subconsciously learned to anticipate where I wish the RTV to come to rest.....and let up on the pedal less-abruptly.... and have no problem whatsoever with that.

Meanwhile, I enjoy the designed reluctance to accelerate down steep hillsides the factory-setting provides. THAT is probably the intent of the factory valve... to guarantee “engine deceleration” down steep grades ..... since this IS marketed as an “off rood” vehicle and diesels coupled to HST trannys behave undesirably in that regard. I don’t see how anyone could successfully “sue” the manufacturer for a vehicle that slows down when the “go” pedal is suddenly released

Reactions: Doc
geohorn,WHAT THE HELL DOES A COAST VALVE have to do with sueing kubota. what the hell are you talking about, my (gadget) as you call it was the best money ive spent on my rtv900 ,if i go down a hill i use the break peddle,perhaps some people should stick to factory settings if your to lazy to use the break peddle....Cheers,Scotty

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
geohorn,WHAT THE HELL DOES A COAST VALVE have to do with sueing kubota. what the hell are you talking about, my (gadget) as you call it was the best money ive spent on my rtv900 ,if i go down a hill i use the break peddle,perhaps some people should stick to factory settings if your to lazy to use the break peddle....Cheers,Scotty

Riding the brakes down long hills may not be the best way to treat the machine...
As for your “what the hell” ....I was making a comment with regard to this post made previously:

.... I am surprised someone has not filed a safety class action against Kubota. This could be right dangerous in the right situation.