bed rails

bigdeer2000

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">just recieved my set of tubing bed rails from tommy. they look great.can't wait to get them mounted. very pleased with the quality,these rails are well worth the money.have now ordered some rail accessories. </P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">i guess you see what i mean about the weight .lol did you fine the cook book in the box? it was in the news paper so i figured what the hell this guy is gonna get a cajun cook book .</P>

bigdeer2000

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">cookbook was a great idea, i told my wife i ordered her a cookbook and got a free set of bed rails for the rtv.</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">dere ya go neg!!! now i just gotta find something else to stick inda next box . i gotta keep suprising people . who knows what ya gonna find.</P>

doggman

<P mce_keep="true">In business I always try to stand in the customer's shoes and treat them like myself or better. Secondly, I always try to give them more than they expect. But a free coonass cookbook? That's original! Maybe bigdeer will read up andreturn the favorby sending you some homemade venison and deer liver boudin... </P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">you can leave the liver out but the venisin boudin nowthat would be different.i just finished some crawfish stew. that my wife made from the leftover crawfish from the other day.</P>

DigOrange

I can't wait for mine to show up to see what might be in the box. The way my luck has been going I will probably get some of Tommy's shop floor sweepings. I think I need a roadtrip down south. All this talk about crawfish and boudin is making me hungry!

How about an RTV caravan!

Maybe we should have RTVfest - bring your RTV and show off the extra stuff you bolted on. They might all look the same since we have all been getting our stuff from Tommy :)

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Yea, folks better take care opening up their packages with Tommy's items. He just might throw a alligator, nutria rat, or cottonmouth in there for the free "surprise"....
Being he has so many, he don't mind donating to some folks who needs a few ......... Know how 'dem coonass' are >>>>> full of surpises

~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">i'm gonna put you something really good in yo box digorange! just don't go stickin your hand in the box to fast now .lol them things get mad when they stay boxed up for more than a day or two.lol</P>

bigdeer2000

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">put the bed rails on this afternoon. i took the camo panels off during instal to get the washers on flat under the bed sides. then put the camo panels back on. really like the rails</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">man thats the first time i see them mounted to a rtv. it sure is nice to see my work in use.lol the only time i see it over here is when it's sittin on the floor. i'm glad you like them.</P>

DigOrange

My bed rails arrived yesterday. They are even better/stronger than what I expected. I also enjoyed the little extra gift in the box. I opened the box real slow because I didn't know what kind of swamp critter might latch on to my hand. I can't wait to get them installed but unfortunately I leave in the morning for several days in Tulsa. I hope to get them on Saturday or Sunday and will post pictures.

Tommy - they look great!

Also, what do you keep in those bottles above the fridge?

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">i'm glad you like them . and i'm really glad the gift mad it there in one piece being it was surounded by iron.lol as for as the bottles that wine. you drink wine?? my dad makes all kinds of wine blackberry /muskadine/orange.japan plum/ you name it if it's a fruit he'll turn it into wine.</P>

DigOrange

My wife was surprised the Louisiana Coffee Mug made it as well. Must have been the years supply of newspaper you had packed in the box. I don't drink much wine - more of a fan of beer/tequila/vodka/bourbon.

doggman

<P mce_keep="true">[quote user="DigOrange"]more of a fan of beer/tequila/vodka/bourbon[/quote]</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I'd need rails on my bed, too,after sippingthat concoction....[+o(]</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="doggman"]</p>

[quote user="DigOrange"]more of a fan of beer/tequila/vodka/bourbon[/quote]</p>

I'd need rails on my bed, too,after sippingthat concoction....
emotion-41.gif
</p>

[/quote]</p>

I resemble that statement but quit the bourbon and gin. They make me turn into someone nasty that I don't want to be. Knock on wood, I haven't fallen out of the bed in a long time... </p>

Beer, tequilia, rum, vodka... are still options but I normally stick to beer.</p>

Anyway, back to subject, If I had the OEM bed, I'd be all over these rails...</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">who knows what is gonna be in the next box?? i'll figure something out. i still got one good set of rails left and a demo set left if anyone wants some..then i got to start some more or something else.</P>

DigOrange

I was thinking of using the pockets on the bed rail for some side boards. What I have rolling around in my head:
Pipe extends up past the bed rails high enough to mount a 1X12 or 2X12 on top of the bed rails that is cut out to the profile of the bed rails so they go all the way down to the bed on each end. Then a piece of treadplate for some contrast behind the bed rails and also since there is only about 1/8 inch of space between the pipe and the bed rail.
Then the board for the front of the bed could mount to these boards. Slide in or something.

Make sense?

bigdeer2000

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">got my weedeater racks and spare tire carrier accessories for my bedrails from tommy today.weedeater racks will work great as a hose carrier for the hand sprayer on my spray rig.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">Bigdeer,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> NIce set-up buddy !!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"><FONT size=4><FONT color=#ff0000> <FONT face=JohnHancock>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>