Camoplast T4S Tracks

poke

OK here are some pix
Note I had to raise the tow ball. Still working on the front bumper.

Attachments

• CIMG1079.JPG
    CIMG1079.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 188
  • CIMG1080.JPG
    CIMG1080.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 189
  • CIMG1081.JPG
    CIMG1081.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 188
  • CIMG1082.JPG
    CIMG1082.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 189

poke

Does anyone know a way to make pictures appear in columns rather than rows? This ultrawide format is disruptive .
Thanks

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Does anyone know a way to make pictures appear in columns rather than rows? This ultrawide format is disruptive .
Thanks
Sounds like a window size tweak is needed.
Is your window maximized across the entire screen?
When on the page, hold down the CTRL on the keyboard then using the scroll wheel on your mouse, make the font larger. You'll get to a size where the window is just right for the pics to go vertical.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Poke;

That is one tough looking RTV on tracks. You are making alot of us jealous. Looks like your machine will go just about everywhere you want to travel... snow or no snow.

Just as a suggestion, you might want to consider getting a set of Peanuts' stick stoppers to protect some of the front components of your undercarriage.

Can't wait to see some photos as you plow through the snow.

Keifer

poke

I agree the CV joints are too exposed.
Stick stoppers will probably have to be custom design to play nice with the track mounting hardware.

poke

pretty dirty on account of cats with muddy paws and general muck.

I had to peel off that IRS sticker right away. It was too jarring to see those letters every time I gazed upon my cherished diesel wheelchair.

fishinbill85

I had to peel off that IRS sticker right away. It was too jarring to see those letters every time I gazed upon my cherished diesel wheelchair.[/QUOTE]

DITTO! I Also pulled the plastic off the bed sides because they rattled and drove me insane.

herman48

Could one mount tracks only in the back as in a half-track vehicle? It would perform almost as well in mud and snow as an RTV with four tracks, but it would cost half as much.

shinnery

Unless you kept it in two wheel drive all the time, I think you would have problems getting the front wheels to rotate at the same speed as the tracks. somehow get the circumfrence of the tires the same as the tracks speed. Interesting gearing problem or slippage in the transfer case.
Bryce

I just wet my pants!!! That is just so cool! My brother was a minister in Marquette, and boy do you get snow!! I wish l could justify the tracks ,but l have'nt found anything mine on wheels won't do! We are flat as pancake around here! Enjoy! That is one bad K-Buggie!

poke

I don't know if the vehicle has a center differential, I assume so. Shinnery is right, would need to stay in 2 wheel drive or... mount smaller wheels on the front to match the ground speed of the tracks

herman48

Thanks to all. That's right, the tracks and the wheels would turn at a different ratio, and it would certainly break something in 4WD. I guess if I have to get tracks I'd better buy four. Not in the cards right now. I need to buy a night vision riflescope for coyote and hog control, and that's an absolute priority. The damn yotes are decimating deer and turkeys. And I'm sure that the hogs love turkey eggs and chicks for breakfast. Well, so far I have managed not to get stuck. with my 1100. I haven't even used the rear differential lock, yet. But that old Alabama red clay is pretty bad stuff. After driving a few feet in it the tires are so coated with it that the lugs don't stick out and it's like driving on smooth tires. Mud on mud. But as soon as I can I'll get those tracks. Next week I am taking my Argo in to have it fixed (the starter solenoid is fried), so if we get some heavy rainfall I'll drive that. Those six balloon tires moving all at the same speed (like having three locked differentials) have never betrayed me. I only got stuck twice, both times because of deep ruts invisible under water that got the Argo high-centered and with all six wheels churning water. But both times I got myself out of that predicament with the winch.

cpsseals

I had an ARGO in the late 70's. Fun but tires back then sure went flat fast and with 6 of them it was like fix a tire, ride for 30 minutes then fix another.
Regarding the RTV, for snow conditions I bet skis on front and tacks on back would work, in 2wd.

herman48

I had an ARGO in the late 70's. Fun but tires back then sure went flat fast and with 6 of them it was like fix a tire, ride for 30 minutes then fix another.
Regarding the RTV, for snow conditions I bet skis on front and tacks on back would work, in 2wd.

I never had a flat on my Argo while driving it. The trick is to overinflate the tires a bit. If they are underinflated, they flex too much when steering and dirt works its way under the beads, causing air leaks. Then one has to get the tire off the rim, clean both well, and apply some sealant on the bead. I replaced the tires once (the first set was worn almost smooth because I drove often on 17 miles of some really nasty rocky terrain to reach the remote swampy area where I fished in Kodiak) and the second set that is on the Argo now is that new model of Argo tire, larger in diameter, much harder rubber and with bigger flanges for better propulsion in water and traction in mud.

cpsseals

Very interesting Herman48. Would love to see some picture of this beast. I may have some of my old rig hidden away in a dusty old box somewhere. Not as easy as searching my computer.

herman48

Very interesting Herman48. Would love to see some picture of this beast. I may have some of my old rig hidden away in a dusty old box somewhere. Not as easy as searching my computer.
I don't think I have any pictures of the rig. It's just a plain vanilla Argo Vanguard 6x6, olive green, with a winch. No roll bars, windshield, or anything, but with an outboard motor mount in the back. I can probably find a picture of the relatively new Argo tires like mine on the Internet. If I do I'll post the link.

cpsseals

Looks like a lot of improvements have been made since the 1972 model year that I had. Back then it was break steering. by slamming the brakes on one side the vehicle's other side would continue and turn. Not very efficient as you were always fighting the power train with the brakes.
Probably an aggravating factor in keeping air in the tires.

Attachments

• tundra.jpg
    tundra.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 99