change mph to kmh

J_Surj119

Thanks for the info! I looked under the hood and sure enough there are two wires on the passenger side that are taped up. I took the tape off and put the connectors together and now I have the metric system. I've attached a couple pictures for anyone else that might search for this. Thanks again
I own a rtv 900 and am unable to find these wires, there are ones in the middle and to the driver side but all of these are connected and my kubota is still in mph, any ideas where the wire for this is?

ItBmine

That is wild. I did not know about those wires to switch units.

Mine is staying in miles though. I HATE metric, LOL I'm in Canada and I even have my vehicles set to miles.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
That is wild. I did not know about those wires to switch units.

Mine is staying in miles though. I HATE metric, LOL I'm in Canada and I even have my vehicles set to miles.
I agree. I cannot wrap my mind around metric, despite the logic of that system… it simply doesn’t compute. The closest I can get to fathoming (pardon the pun) metric…is to consider a meter is basically a yard…. after-all… How does metric work with miles? or Nautical Miles..?? Ans: It doesn’t.

Example: A nautical mile, a unit of measurement defined as 1,852 metres or 1.852 kilometres, is based on the earth's circumference and is equal to one minute of latitude. A mile on land equals 5280 feet, while a nautical mile equals the one-sixtieth degree of latitude.
Sooo… EXACTLY HOW …does a “minute” (i.e. one-sixtieth of an hour OR degree of LATTITUDE… ) …FIT into the METRIC System..?? (HInt: it was decided One degree of arc would be 60 minutes of arc, on the equator; one milliare would be one minute of arc, or 1 nautical mile, so 60 nautical miles would be one degree of arc on Earth's surface, taken as a sphere. Simple heh?
Except the earth is NOT a SPHERE. It’s a pear-shaped object which changes with rotation and heating from the sun over land vs water. Doh.

The idea of the metric system dates back to the FRENCH. Enough said..??? :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Doc

ItBmine

I agree. I cannot wrap my mind around metric, despite the logic of that system… it simply doesn’t compute. The closest I can get to fathoming (pardon the pun) metric…is to consider a meter is basically a yard…. after-all… How does metric work with miles? or Nautical Miles..?? Ans: It doesn’t.

Example: A nautical mile, a unit of measurement defined as 1,852 metres or 1.852 kilometres, is based on the earth's circumference and is equal to one minute of latitude. A mile on land equals 5280 feet, while a nautical mile equals the one-sixtieth degree of latitude.
Sooo… EXACTLY HOW …does a “minute” (i.e. one-sixtieth of an hour OR degree of LATTITUDE… ) …FIT into the METRIC System..?? (HInt: it was decided One degree of arc would be 60 minutes of arc, on the equator; one milliare would be one minute of arc, or 1 nautical mile, so 60 nautical miles would be one degree of arc on Earth's surface, taken as a sphere. Simple heh?
Except the earth is NOT a SPHERE. It’s a pear-shaped object which changes with rotation and heating from the sun over land vs water. Doh.

The idea of the metric system dates back to the FRENCH. Enough said..??? :unsure:
You already lost me at second paragraph, LOL

Only metric I learned was 63,500 KG is 140,000 pounds.......so I knew if I was legal with my transport or if I had to "bypass" the scales, LOL

Reactions: Doc

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
FRENCH… is one of the goofiest civilizations one can imagine. Their legal system is a mixture of Medieval, Mystery, and Revenge and their Gov’t is also.

There’s an excellent illustration in humor:

A group of Int’l Ambassadors was asked “What if the UN managed Heaven…and Hell..?”

The group came up with the following solution:

HEAVEN:
The Swiss would be the Administrators.
The French would be the Chefs.
The Italians would be the Lovers.
The Germans would be the Auto-Mechanics.
The English would be the Police.

HELL:
The French would be the Administrators.
The English would be the Chefs.
The Swiss would be the Lovers.
The Italians would be the Auto-Mechanics.
The Germans would be the Police!