Diesel Fuel Filtering

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Wow, I do feel lucky. We have ATV's, side by sides and golf carts on our state route and side roads. No issues. We all get along just fine. Very small community out in the country. That helps.
Nice little fuel hauler you got there. How many gallons does it carry?
Yeah Doc I wish we all had it like that. I know you and I talked about not having places to ride in the past, and still, nothing's changed. I'll tell you though I can think of a whole lot of things law enforcement could do instead.

You are right bczoom that tank holds 50 gallons. I plan on making a rail from conduit 6" above the deck so I can put 4 or 5 extra fuel cans to increase storage capacity

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Those ATVs being crushed in Hartford were unique…. they had been confiscated not simply because they were on the street…. they were involved in various crimes and their VIN ’s had been altered….(meaning stolen or disguised) …so as to make them untraceable and un-sale-able. The authorities therefore could not even auction them-off. That was why they were being crushed.

FTG-05

My farm fuel tank trailer. 105 gallon diesel fuel tank on the front; 50 gallon unleaded fuel in the back. Diesel tank has a 120 vac Fill-rite fuel pump; gas tank has a GPI manual, which works surprisingly well. Both have 10-20 micron water trap fuel filters.

annWSMW.jpg

I2jrFIU.jpg

Thanks Molly for photo-bombing my pic! RIP.
4rzJyaF.jpg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sweet!
A couple questions.
Why 120v AC instead of 12V DC?
How full do you normally fill your tanks? I have that same trailer but don't use it if possible (I have several other trailers) when the ground is at all soft. Those narrow tires leave ruts in the ground when the trailer is loaded.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I like what you all have done with the trailers - particularly helpful if you don't have far to go to refill them!

I have a 275 gallon fuel oil tank that I took out of a home and it is my designated off-road fuel tank. I have a hand pump and the tank is in a small building that has an access door at the pump level. It provides diesel for my B7800, ZD1211 and X1100C. For the 10+ years I have used this arrangement I've not had a problem with water or bad fuel. I use about 200 gallons per year and due to the large volume I can usually purchase when the price seems as low as it will go. I always order the delivery after the winter blend is in stock.

FTG-05

Sweet!
A couple questions.
Why 120v AC instead of 12V DC?
How full do you normally fill your tanks? I have that same trailer but don't use it if possible (I have several other trailers) when the ground is at all soft. Those narrow tires leave ruts in the ground when the trailer is loaded.
At the time, I didn't want to fool with another battery or a charger for it. It was a mistake. :(

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
At the time, I didn't want to fool with another battery or a charger for it. It was a mistake. :(
Sounds like a battery and inverter may be in your future. Still cheaper than buying a Fill-Rite 12V pump.
I keep a few of the battery/inverter setups all the time. Good for emergencies, particularly if there's a power failure and I need to keep the wood stove fans running.