Diesel fuel treatments??

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I add Power Service but only for the tank I run in the winter. Never thought it was needed in the spring / summer / fall months. You guys are making me rethink that. Cheap insurance as you said. :thumb:

sunnyside

Another white bottle Power Service user here for all 5 of my current diesel engines. I add it to the tank when filled and run it year around. I learned the hard way after having problems mentioned above when I lived in upstate New York for 35 years. Have never had a fuel issue since. Put me in the "believer" column.

I have read all of these and have not once =heard mention of Sea Foam. I have owned diesels all my life and that is all we ever used. Excellent Product, kept our fleet running...

ovrszd

I have read all of these and have not once =heard mention of Sea Foam. I have owned diesels all my life and that is all we ever used. Excellent Product, kept our fleet running...

I am not familiar with that product at all. I'm sure it's effective at whatever it claims to do. Power Service has never failed me so it would be hard to get me to try another product. Power Service works out to about .05 cents per gallon. Pretty hard to beat that.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I used Sea Foam in my gas but since my diesel was already treated, it didn't get any.
I use the Sea Foam a gallon at a time but at approx $60/gal, it can get a bit pricey.

ovrszd

I guess the next question would be how fuel a gallon treats?

An ounce of P.S. treats 3 gallons of fuel.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
We add Stanadyne Lubricity to our diesel fuels. Also, firm believer in Lucas
Diesel products products, that get added also.
Now, here is the Kicker....
In our RTV, ( along with our other toys) we add TRANS TUNE from
Sea Foam in our fuel tanks. We do believe in this product. Matter of fact, we believe in all their products.
Meet up with the people who manufactor this great product in a show
back last Feburary in St. Louis, Missorri. Told them about how well I believe and use their
Sea Foam. Been using it as long as I can remember. He then give me a educated coarse on Sea Foam Trans Tune, and on their other products. And yes,
he was 100% correct on everything he told me.
We add the Sea Foam Trans Tune to our gas fuels to clean the complete fuel systems. The sweet spot is one can per 4 gallons in gasoline. You can not over dose
with this product. We do this about every three tanks in our motorcycles, zero turns, and other gas engine we have on the place. And Our antique vehicles
we keep it in the fuel systems along with Sta-Bil, for we don't run these vehicles that much.
In the RTV, we put on can per tank, about every other fill up, along with the
Stanadyne Lubricity. Trans Tune is red in color. Comes wiith a red top.
Also, Trans Tune has some lubricity in it. Where the regular Sea Foam don't have as much. It will clean and keep clean a fuel system.
Down here in the south, expecially this time of year where we have hot/warmer days and cool nights. Plus, its so humid down here, it pays to
take care of the fuel. Much moisture in the air. Condensation accululates very quickly in our tanks. We try our best to keep them full at all times.
The Sea Foam regular and Seam Foam Trans Tune cost the same, just get
more bang out of your buck with the red top.
Also, Sea Foam has a great mosquito/ bug remover on the market.
Best Mrs. Two Guns don't sneeze or caugh this winter, I will be pouring
Trans Tune in here system to clean it out . :yum::yum::yum:

........... Have a Good Day,
Two Guns >>>>>

Attachments

• -pict-crocodile-22.gif
    -pict-crocodile-22.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 80

Art454

I have always used BP Preminum diesel for the last 10 years and add nothing.....have a 150 tank and gets filled maybe once every 3 years.
Tanks sit above ground gets filtered twice before I use it never had a problem....now that I said this shit will happen.....lol

ovrszd

I have always used BP Preminum diesel for the last 10 years and add nothing.....have a 150 tank and gets filled maybe once every 3 years.
Tanks sit above ground gets filtered twice before I use it never had a problem....now that I said this shit will happen.....lol

Art, you are able to run it below 20 degrees F without any Gelling problems??

Art454

Art, you are able to run it below 20 degrees F without any Gelling problems??

Its been 10 below a few times...its in the barn....I got 3 diesels and they all start....just hold the glow plug on for 15 seconds and they start....they sputter a few minutes than just start to purr....never had one stop after it started.
Just last year I changed just one of my filters on my bx 23 10 years old with 500 hours.....really did
not need it you could see threw it just fine and blow threw it fine. I hate to mess with rubber hose to much they crack and on one of mine you have to take the whole back of tractor to get to it. They have 2 filters only changed the one buy the engine. I put my fuel into another plastic 2/12 gallon can which has a filter built in filter use another funnel also as I put in the machines. Diesel fuel is so dirty anyway more you can filter it better off you are I guess.

Last edited:

Art454

My RTV 1100 even when its -10 and wind chill -30 its never gave me a problem plowing snow. When I bought my first diesel BX23 they told me to use BP Preminum Diesel and never had a problem so far.

The BP gasolins sucks though....I'll never run that junk again.

ovrszd

Wow, BP must treat their fuel.

I worry when it's minus zero with treated fuel here.

I start treating all my Diesel Fuel once we start getting freezing temps. Gelled fuel really, really sucks.

Art454

Wow, BP must treat their fuel.

I worry when it's minus zero with treated fuel here.

I start treating all my Diesel Fuel once we start getting freezing temps. Gelled fuel really, really sucks.

I was told BP was treated...as told by my dealer which sell most brands of machines.

I buy the red as I don't drive the highway....my neighbor buy BP at the gas station but he buys the clear stuff and does have more problems. He has harder starting problems and after 3 years his pump went out. Lucky he bought the extra warranty.
I thing the red has been treated more just for the farmers.
Just from what I noticed out there is all.
Seems like no farmer I no have problems with BP red.
I thing the BP clear is for road use and less to it.
Who knows....I have had no problems with not adding anything so why should I. I pay enough as it is without adding more to it.