Difficulty with quick-connect hydraulic hoses

Davooda

Thought I would post to the board to see if there is something I am not doing right. I have an aftermarket 3-point system and added-on hydraulic ports (gives me hydro ports front and rear). Don't need the plow now that winter is over so I moved the assembly from front to rear to begin using implements for food plots, my yard, etc. The hydraulic hoses were a pain in the rear to remove from the front quick-connect fittings and even more difficult to get back in to the ports on the rear - so difficult that I gave up after a while.

They slide in like they should but the ring-latch won't spring back into place to lock the hoses in.

I learned a long time ago not to force things...is there some kind of "load" I need to take off for the fittings to go in correctly?

Thanks in advance folks!

Davooda

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
When that happens to me, turn the engine off and run your cyclic control valve or whatever handles/controls you have that operate the hydraulics in all directions a couple times. That should relieve all the pressure and allow it to slide in.

Davooda

Thanks zoom - I had done just the opposite...fired herup and ran the hydro in all directions. Will try this tonight.

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Davooda, I believe BCZoom is correct. The hydraulic pressure likely is causing the problem. This is a very common trait for tractor hydraulics that my dad taught me about some 45 years ago. The other teaching from my dad on this subject was to cycle the hydraulic control valve each time the tractor was shut off after using the hydraulics just to relieve the pressure. The idea is that the pressure is not serving any purpose and can lead to component degradation.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Davooda, I believe BCZoom is correct.
In my opinion, Yes, zoom is right !!!!!
Cycle the hydraulic control valve each time the tractor was shut off after using the hydraulics just to relieve the pressure. The idea is that the pressure is not serving any purpose and can lead to component degradation.
This is exactly right

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
When you are all done swelling Zoomer's ego remember that warm components and cylinders on them are your worst enemy. Ice cold water to chill them down will relieve the pressure in them especially on a sunny day. Might be a good time to remind folks these things have moderate use hydraulic system. Low fluid volume as well as no cooler means they are not meant to be used like a tractor or skid steer hydraulic system.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I know a man down here that build a tranny cooler for his RTV's.

Running tracks all the time, he was worried about overheating >>>>>

Where he got the coolers and hoses, don't have a clue. But at one time
they were posted on the old site...... some of the old timers like Peanut,
zoom, bordercollie might remember seeing the set up.

Art454

My 900 I used to have would lock up one hose going from blade back to raise the bed...tried eveything then just got the wrenches out and losened the one connection to let the pressure out and fixed it right away.....don't know why it did it every once in awhile but was the only fix that worked.

Art

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I can't recall that article's location - I guess I am a real old timer then huh Two guns :) ;) . haha.. The new 900 Worksite XT style has a little hyd cooler right under the passenger seat. It looks really precarious sitting there with no protection but it is there. It looks like a radiator without the shroud.
According to what I saw when shopping for the 2011 900, the Utility model has an extra cooler on the side. Is it true that you have to have special Kubota hyd fittings to fit the hyd remotes? I am wanting to put 2 very small hyd cylinders on my weed wiper so I can raise it up to go over the good grass.. bordercollie