Dpf

davemf

I have a 2014 1758 massey, about 2700 hrs. Bought used. My problem is the dpf, has gone to alarm mode 3 times in last 6months, when the alarm went last time I decided to do a dpf delete. I have a person who would do the computer reprogram. The tractor was in alarm when I removed the filter, now the problem is I should have had a forced regen. To remove the alarm codes before removing filter. The massey tech says he can't remove alarm without having a filter. Is there any way of removing alarm codes without buying a new filter. Thanks for any help

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
dpf sucks. hate it.
don't know about the filter. Is it that expensive. Seems worth it to get things working.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It will more than 3ooo if it got your turbocharger. We hate our DEF tractors. After us working hard all day. the light will come on for the burn off right when you finally get thru with your tasks- it seems anyway. then you have to let the tractor run it's course with it running . Idle it up and that will make it a bit quicker. but still is ridiculous for such a device. We've never stopped ours in the process but it still went bad. Ours was $3900 to fix and our turbo was ok. It was the actuator that went bad and ( JD mechanic) also had to take the tank off and also replace the part that goes in there. Make sure your radiator stays clean because if it is stopped up or really dirty, your tractor can run hot during the cleaning process. Our def tank also leaks around the collar and bil asked about what one would cost and mechanic said around 600 for tank alone. So we are just letting it leak a tiny bit... Did I say I hate the "DEF" thing ! .

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

ItBmine

Tech came out, he cleared the alarm, and did the delete. All good 👍 👌
Wow you re lucky there! I see so many people asking about delete's on compact tractors and no one ever seems to know if it can be done.

That would be the ONLY way I'd ever buy a new tractor again. After what I went through with the dump trucks, I will NEVER own anything with a DPF again.

What motor was in the 1700 you have? Is it an Iseki or was that the year Massey used the Mitsubishi?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's wonderful !! I'm so glad that it wasn't anything major- you must have a great dealer . :)

Reactions: Doc