Drive shaft for Kubota RTV 900 - 2004

barriesgt

Im looking for a front wheel drive shaft for the rtv. When it came to me it was missing. I suspect that the original one wore out and was removed. At the dealer today to order the shafts and u joint they told me a new shaft has been superceeded part # k756191602.

Curious anyone make aftermarket ones??

Two anyone have a line on used ones or wreckers for these machines?

Mark.Sibole

Even though they have been replaced with the newer CV joint ones there should be the originals laft.If you have any troubles getting one I imagine all of the members can call their dealer to find you one.

Mark

I have a spare but its the spare incase I break one during the winder I dont need down time whit the snow we get here

barriesgt

Does anyone have the part number for the complete old style kit?

The new cv style is 512.00. The old style had to be ordered as several separate pieces. The whole assembly is missing. My dealer couldn't find a kit

Mark.Sibole

What exactly is missing?
Working from the front to the back there should be a drive shaft that goet to the mid shaft bearing then another shaft from the mid shaft bearing to the back transmission.It is basically a 3 piece system they used.

Mark.Sibole

OK well i can tell you the mid shaft bearing is like 98 bucks the front shaft is like 130 and the rear shaft is another 150ish.
By the time you get all of the parts i personally would consider the new style shaft.It will last a lot longer as it is a cv joint style and a lot less noisy.
In the end I think its a lot better and stronger system.But if you are insistant on the old style in the next day or so i can call my dealer and see exact amounts for parts and see if they are available up here in michigan. for you.

Mark.Sibole

I would wonder if they have all been discarded if something in the transfer case for front differential was broken to have removed it all.I know of some who have broken the front cv joints and replaced them with standard spindles and removed all the shafts.Make sure your front end cv joints and axles are good then from there shift it into 4 wheel drive and see if the transdfer case rod spins and be sure its all functional before you invest the money into it.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My new style on my 2011 xtr 900 has held up very well. I have over 1900 hrs on it and no rattles. I had to replace the front drive shaft like 4 times on my 2005 but I did put over 4200 hours on it. I also replaced the carrier bearing in the center where the front meats the rear, about 3 times- I think. I never replaced the rear shaft coming from the transmission but it was very worn as far as the splines were concerned.
I think I have an old front discard but it has been out in the weather. If I can find it, you can have it for postage. Remember though, it was rattling when I took it off so it is surely worn.... and rusty by now - the ujoints and all . If you plan to keep the machine and use it much , I'd get a better one. collie

edit look at this about the shafts: http://www.cornejo.net/rtv900/DriveShaftRattleFix.htm

There are some really good pictures here of the carrier bearing etc...

Mark.Sibole

Thanks Collie.I looked all over for that link for them last night.Glad someone has a good memory here.lord knows mine has failed a lot lately

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
She is a woman....they never forget anything! Like what you did 35 years ago......:hide:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
She is a woman....they never forget anything! Like what you did 35 years ago......:hide:[/
All right muley.. "them's fighting words". and just so you know, I am called a little old lady. ;)
and...Don't forget......I know where to find you !! ;)

Glad to have helped you Mark. We are all buddies here. :tiphat: collie

barriesgt

All is good. Gambled and bought the new cv shaft. Put the rtv up on the hoist cut the frame and viola. 4x4. Machine was a range picker and ran up 4752 hrs on the clock

All is well. I heard one click with the wheels fully turned and observed one split cv boot. I believe they can be changed or the cv replaced?