E-bay RTV CD Repair Manuals??

PA Jeep

Has anyone purchased a CD repair manual from e-bay?? Only like 10 dollars and searchable. It also says not mfg manuals. Just wondering if they are any good.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Do you have a link to an item so we can see what you're looking at? Workshop Manual (WSM) is the way to go but as you noted, kind of pricey. They do pay for themselves the first time or 2 you use it.
I recommend Messick's for getting the manual (and other parts). They're the co-sponsor of this site and help keep this site going.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
They do pay for themselves the first time or 2 you use it.
I recommend Messick's for getting the manual (and other parts). They're the co-sponsor of this site and help keep this site going.

I agree with zoom >>>>
:a1::a1::a1:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You gotta do what you gotta do. :whistle:

So, that said, if you do buy that item, be advised:
- This is not necessarily an OEM WSM.
- It's being sold to you from outside the country. I'm willing to bet it's illegal copies of copyrighted material. Read the feedback, especially the negatives.
- Read the description carefully. The material "may be outdated".
- It's a private sale. I guess that's there way of making you believe their protecting their customers (although the e-bay feedback option negates all of that now doesn't it?).

I know it's nice to have a PDF version because of the reasons you stated.

I do OK with a hardcopy since it's either general maintenance that you just skim through before starting (e.g. locations of grease points, capacities...). If it wasn't so reliable and I found myself in the manual a lot, I'd want throw-away pages as well. My 2 solutions for that are 1) the copier on my printer and 2) baby wipes. I always keep a tub of baby wipes in the shop. Easy to grab to clean hands or whatever else. I like the Huggies brand. :tiphat:

Mark.Sibole

Im not sure if that was the link as it has been a while since it was purchased.I lost my main PC a while back and all links but ill do some checking to see if I can find it. for ya