Fuse on Boss Plow

rapracing

I had a Boss plow installed a few weeks ago. Today was the second time I used it. I had stopped for a little while and when I went out I had no power to the control. I checked around and found a 20a fuse under the hood and it was blown. Any body else have this problem. I'm going to pick up a fuse a little later today and see if it holds. Just seemed strange that it blew while sitting there shut off.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Moderators note:
Rapracing - You're putting your RTV threads in the general "Kubota" forum.
There's a RTV specific forum
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133

I moved your thread(s) but left a redirect so it can now be accessed via either section.

RTV owners may not go to the whole forum to get RTV specific posts/threads. Your RTV posts will get more attention in the RTV specific forum.

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
You may want to check all your connections for good contact.

Grounds are important.

Probably blew the last time you used it and you just did not notice.

Fuses don't just blow when sitting unless something shorted out some how.

You better have a few 20 amps on board in case this happens out at the end of the driveway.

A wire came off my Curtis plow and I had to plow my way home. ha ha

Good luck.

razerface

A wire came off my Curtis plow and I had to plow my way home. ha ha

Good luck.

I lost a pin once out of lift cyl on my boss plow, and had to plow my way home. It was all ok till I had to go up my 1/4 mile gravel driveway. It wasn't really froze, so I dug a lot of gravel. I had to turn around and drag the plow behind me with it in a reverse V to get to the barn. I replaced the pin with a bolt.

Rapracing,,was the fuse kubota or part of the Curtis system?

travisd

I lost a pin once out of lift cyl on my boss plow, and had to plow my way home. It was all ok till I had to go up my 1/4 mile gravel driveway. It wasn't really froze, so I dug a lot of gravel. I had to turn around and drag the plow behind me with it in a reverse V to get to the barn. I replaced the pin with a bolt.

Hmmm... sounds like a good reason to throw a spare ratchet strap into one of the storage compartments, just in case....

razerface

I don't need a ratchet strap even though I carry one under the seat. That is why I replaced pin with a bolt and a locknut. It doesn't come apart any more. I lost an expensive trailer hitch too while plowing,,same thing ,,pin came out after snow took the keeper out. It has a bolt in it now too.

Looks like I confused the rest of the thread in my mind. The fuse was on the boss outfit and the wire came off of the Curtis. Reading comprehension,,,,,,

travisd

I don't need a ratchet strap even though I carry one under the seat. That is why I replaced pin with a bolt and a locknut. It doesn't come apart any more. I lost an expensive trailer hitch too while plowing,,same thing ,,pin came out after snow took the keeper out. It has a bolt in it now too.

Sorry, My comment was more in general - there could be several failure modes that result in not being able to lift the plow for transport. Naturally, any such failure is going to occur as far as possible from the shop/tools/spares.

razerface

Oh I agree, which is why I carry a strap. I just shouldn't have to use it.

I am blessed,,,I can't count the times I have broken down in front of my barn doors. My sons have commented on it more then once,,,calling me a lucky ******

OrangeBuggy

I'd be willing to take one of them junky plows off your hands. My driveway not as long as some of yours and it would be less of a burden for me to get back to the shop. lol