good by to the rtv family

markc

Well its been a nice 10 years with 3 rtv but the time has come for me to try something else.First let me say the rtv family of utv are great work oriented utv but my needs have changed and im wanting a little more sport recreation from my next utv.so im selling my 1140 tomorrow and will be in the market for either a kawasaki teryx or can am commander maybe a honda pioneer.seen the rtv come a long way since my first 2004 rtv 900.Havin't ruled out the new x1120 yet jusy aint seen one in my dealers lot

Last edited:

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
........my needs have changed and im wanting a little more sport recreation from my next utv.

Hey, Your not leaving us !!!
Your just trying to get there a little faster !!!
That HONDA PIONEER, That is a machine my friend !!!!
HONDA has got their stuff together with that UTV !!!! :clap:

Attachments

• Fidge Coyote.jpg
    Fidge Coyote.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 310

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'll miss your input but remember, that you are always family and so come visit us anytime. :tiphat: collie

milkman

I like what I've seen and read about the Pioneer, gotta be a tough machine. There's one big "but" for me and it's that danged locked rear axle, deal breaker for me. It just seems to me to be a bad place for Honda to save a dollar.

chad450r

I like what I've seen and read about the Pioneer, gotta be a tough machine. There's one big "but" for me and it's that danged locked rear axle, deal breaker for me. It just seems to me to be a bad place for Honda to save a dollar.

Can am commander has a locked rear axle as well, my buddy has one it does tear up the grass if you turn to sharp. Good luck with your new toy

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Can am commander has a locked rear axle as well, my buddy has one it does tear up the grass if you turn to sharp. Good luck with your new toy

Personally,
I don't have a problem with the locked rear axle.
If I was going to ride in the grass, I would buy a golf cart.

All my four wheelers had locked back axles. And never had any
problems out of them.

It's probobly just what a person wants / needs ....

............ two guns

pop58

markc,

I'm the opposite of you. Had the sport fast ones and they are a lot of fun but decided it was time for something that can do more work then play.
I settled for the X1120D and don't regret it one bit.

There are many good sport ones out there so test drive them all before you decide because you will be surprised at how some feel, good and bad. The one thing I liked the least on the sports were the CVT's.
I even had one of them China Hisun Supermach 800cc ones. It was kind of an in between one. It would go 72 mph. Push button 4x4 with lock in or out rear end.

Don't worry about the lock rear end because most of them you can unlock with a push of a button.
Anyway enough ranting, good luck in what ever you choose.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
markc,

Don't worry about the lock rear end because most of them you can unlock with a push of a button.
QUOTE]

The Honda Pioneer :

The Pioneer has a positive Rear End. It does NOT have an "OPEN" or "turf saver" differential like the big red. It is Closed, Locked, positive or whatever they call it. Both wheels will turn equally. So just like your Honda ATV you will need to be careful in the yard.

......... two guns

markc

markc,

I'm the opposite of you. Had the sport fast ones and they are a lot of fun but decided it was time for something that can do more work then play.

There are many good sport ones out there so test drive them all before you decide because you will be surprised at how some feel, good and bad. The one thing I liked the least on the sports were the CVT's.
I even had one of them China Hisun Supermach 800cc ones. It was kind of an in between one. It would go 72 mph. Push button 4x4 with lock in or out rear end.

so how does the new x1120d pull hills is it still a sneal.and is the top speed any better

pop58

Top speed is 29 mph on the X1120D. The independent suspension is fantastic. It has the larger engine and will go up hills very easy.
You won't break any speed records with it but I don't need to anyway.
I have 3 feet of snow at my place and I will have me some tracks before the snow falls next season.

BaiJiu

I agree pop,I lost my need for speed a long time ago, I have the RTV 900 and it is fast enough for me, one time I wanted to go from point A to point B as fast as possible, now that I finally grew up and retired I like to enjoy the trip more than the arrival. I spend so much time stopping for pictures, exploring lakes and rivers, animal trails and so many amazing views. When I look back I can't believe I missed so much before I slowed down enough to see what was around me. Too many times we allow the power and speed of machines overwhelm us to the point we miss the true beauty of nature.

pop58

Agree back Baijiu, although the speed is fun. I to enjoy the trip more then the arrival.

At my age life goes by to fast. I like going 29 or less...

BaiJiu

Thanks Pop, I missed the most critical point. My wife enjoys the trip now, I never realized how much she didn't enjoy the other scenario. In fact I now like to sit back and have her drive and both my wife and German Shepherd agree they like this scenario better.

pop58

That's funny you mention that. My German Shepherd loves riding in mine.
The wife hasn't drove it yet but the grand kids have.

BaiJiu

My GS relates to the RTV-900 and the F-350 as big truck and little truck, if I say big or small he knows which one to go to. If I don't tell him he can recognize which key I pick up from the key rack and goes to sit by that vehicle. GS dogs are smarter than a lot of people I know.

pop58

Sounds like you got a smart one there.
Love them German Shepherds. When I first got mine I trained in tracking with her. She can find just about anything.
She is now old and retired though.

rapracing

markc,

Just curious. Have you heard or experienced any thumping/clunking in the suspension on the IRS machine you have? Seems a bunch of the 1100c's have an issue including the one I have. There is play in all four wheels but especially the rear ones.