Goofy idea for those dang stuck fuel caps

DocGP

Got tired of fighting that dang old gas cap. Mine is a major pain in the rump to open. SO, found one of these old things laying around and thought "what the heck" and tried it;

2ponxvk.jpg

Mine is very similar to this.....old cheapo universal oil filter wrench that fits over the gas cap.

Anyhow, maybe you have one of these lying around the farm. Works like a champ.

Doc

whatscookin

Gold Site Supporter
I got another gasket and put it in there also and that stopped the leaking and makes it a little better to get the cap off by hand.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I got another gasket and put it in there also and that stopped the leaking and makes it a little better to get the cap off by hand.

When ours was first purchased, it leaked like a tar keel. Traveling to & from anywhere on trailer would cover the side of the RTV, and the trailer. God help the ones who run up behind me during travel. A few weeks of this, brought back to dealer, Kubtoa replaced tank and cap. I asked for the old cap just for reason of the gasket. Even with new tank, one had to " tighten the heck" out of it until the gasket meet neck of tank. So then I took the other gasket set on top of the new cap and things worked out perfect. Caps are still devil to remove, but NO LEAKING, so I use this filter wrench, makes thing so much easier on sore & cold hands. Mine stays under the seat of the machine ....

... post script : No idea is goofy when it comes to a fix. In my world, just make it work !!!!

Attachments

• Kubota Fuel Cap Wrench Applied.jpg
    Kubota Fuel Cap Wrench Applied.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Fuel Cap Wrench One.jpg
    Fuel Cap Wrench One.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 146

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Since my "tool" is a bit different, I'll throw it out as well.

A strap wrench.

1501539_lg.jpg

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
I'm wondering if the newer models have fixed the fuel cap problem. Or, is it still a good idea to have one of these wrenches handy?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'm wondering if the newer models have fixed the fuel cap problem. Or, is it still a good idea to have one of these wrenches handy?

I used a filter wrench like BCZooms on my '05 and also a second gasket, but the 2011 fits like a good glove and comes off like it should. Wow- such a difference. bordercollie

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Must be great to be one of those Govt subsidized farmer/ranchers that get all that money for their cattle and feed subsidies. With that one is able to afford a new RTV just to get that reengineered fuel cap..........

Us ol goat ranchers gotta make do with even being able to afford the fuel.........

JUST A JOKE BC>>>>>>>>>>hope you are smilin with me.......God bless ya......Dennis

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
You guys are funny. I just buy a new one when they get dirty or run out of fuel.