Hello from KY

Farmwithjunk:

I could have been talking with you last night rather than doing the snow dance/weathermap thing. I believe that my dance has broken the NE spell starting after the "anomolous warm" event early next week. Gotta let Ol' Dougster out of his cage, have more of his :starbucks: and eat something more than gruel :puke1: . Jay :letitsnow:

I am so bored with the NE weather pattern that I went out and box bladed my icepack/field of a driveway yesterday for "meaningful" activity after the rain event. It did drop 0.5" of snow as the system moved on out.

They say variety is the spice of life. (or the VICE of life, depending on where you get your variety:yum: ) You want a variety of weather, we have had it here lately. We ended the summer with 3 months of extreme drought. Over 11" behind on annual rainfall. In 2 successive weekends, we were OVER average rainfall for the year. Then it got "normal". 3 weeks ago, we had single digit temps. 2 days after an 8 degree low, we had a 72 degree day. Then back in the deep freeze. 6 degrees last week. 4 days later, 58. With-in 48 hours, back to the teens, all the while, having tornados and high winds during the transition. 16 this morning, mid 50's and rain by early next week. Calling for 1/4" to 1/2" of snow in the morning, turning to freezing rain, then simply rain by tomorrow night.

COME ON SPRINGTIME!!!:respect:

Dougster

Old Member
Uh...As much as it pains me to do so, I must correct a bit of misleading information here. It wasn't Daniel Boone that died at the Alamo. He wasn't even there so far as the history books I've read indicate. You MIGHT be confusing Boone with Jim Bowie, who was BORN in Kentucky, or Tennessian DAVY CROCKETT.:sorry:
And Junk knows... 'cause he was there! :) I heard he had the battlefield mowing contract! ;)
So...? Does this mean Kentucky just lost the support of the Texas contingent?:hide:
I think Brandi is already reconsidering that honorary membership in the New England Delegation! :D

Dougster :starbucks:

Dougster

Old Member
Farmwithjunk: I could have been talking with you last night rather than doing the snow dance/weathermap thing. I believe that my dance has broken the NE spell starting after the "anomolous warm" event early next week. Gotta let Ol' Dougster out of his cage, have more of his :starbucks: and eat something more than gruel. I am so bored with the NE weather pattern that I went out and box bladed my icepack/field of a driveway yesterday for "meaningful" activity after the rain event. It did drop 0.5" of snow as the system moved on out.
Things are all quiet over here in SE MA. Cold today, but quiet. I'm happy to leave it quiet right into the weekend. The GF and I are going up to New Hampshire on Saturday to look at a piece of land that could possibly become the new Dougster Swamp after I lose this place to an exploding mortgage and sky-high liberal utopian taxes. It would be nice if it were not under a foot of new snow... and even nicer if the forecast for a warm weekend holds. Yes, I will bring my mud boots for sure! :)

GreenMtns

Morning Mongoose.
Welcome Do you have the feeling that you just dropped into the middle you can't quite figure out? :pat:
This is a great place to spend some time and develope your skills busting Dougsters chops.

Dougster....Even a man as great as the Ed can make a mistake once in a while. Right Ed?
Oh Lordy Edster... making up quotes again, heh??? What about this one I found in the archives:

So there!!! :yum: :yum: :yum:

As for FarmWithJunk , He likes to drive around on OLD tractors he has painted up and call them "classics" :bangin: which of course drives the "Old Member :starbucks:" over the edge. The only one here with any hope of controlling Dougster is Jay :poke: and it put him in the hospital. But he is still trying.

Now Brandi is a different story. She is very good at calming them down. She NEVER stirs the pot. :yum::yum:.

rback33

Morning Mongoose.
Welcome Do you have the feeling that you just dropped into the middle you can't quite figure out? :pat:
This is a great place to spend some time and develope your skills busting Dougsters chops.

Dougster....Even a man as great as the Ed can make a mistake once in a while. Right Ed?

As for FarmWithJunk , He likes to drive around on OLD tractors he has painted up and call them "classics" :bangin: which of course drives the "Old Member :starbucks:" over the edge. The only one here with any hope of controlling Dougster is Jay :poke: and it put him in the hospital. But he is still trying.

Now Brandi is a different story. She is very good at calming them down. She NEVER stirs the pot. :yum::yum:.

Hee hee hee... and I came out of that completely unscathed....:hide:

Dougster

Old Member
Morning Mongoose.

My goodness Al! You've accurately & successfully summed up this entire place in one post! :thumb: Well done!!! :mrgreen:

Dougster

Old Member
... and then there is that Kansas Loader Kid (a.k.a., Jeremy) who doesn't respect his elders, but is still a good guy to know when you run into loader problems or have loader-related questions! :thumb:

Someday off into the future, Jeremy plans to get himself a real job! :yum:

GreenMtns

Quote:
Originally Posted by rback33

... and then there is that Kansas Loader Kid (a.k.a., Jeremy) who doesn't respect his elders, but is still a good guy to know when you run into loader problems or have loader-related questions! :thumb:

Someday off into the future, Jeremy plans to get himself a real job! :yum:

:yum: :yum: :yum:

Not entirely unscathed I see. :bash: :bash:

GreenMtns

My goodness Al! You've accurately & successfully summed up this entire place in one post! :thumb: Well done!!! :mrgreen:

Well Dougster, I am known for being very wise. I have to admit though that I am the only one who knows. I try to teach others about my wisdom but it always seems to fall on deaf ears. :respect: I need :respect:

Dougster

Old Member
Well Dougster, I am known for being very wise. I have to admit though that I am the only one who knows. I try to teach others about my wisdom but it always seems to fall on deaf ears. :respect: I need :respect:
And here I thought that your magnificent CAB tractor earned you instant respect throughout all of tractordom!!! :thumb: Sure looks awfully dang comfortable on frigid cold days like today! :respect:

And Junk knows... 'cause he was there! :) I heard he had the battlefield mowing contract! ;)

I think Brandi is already reconsidering that honorary membership in the New England Delegation! :D

I believe the lady has spoken her piece already. She's s SOUTHERNER by God! Oh, and is there actually anything HONORABLE about being a dang YANKEE?

Dougster

Old Member
I believe the lady has spoken her piece already. She's s SOUTHERNER by God! Oh, and is there actually anything HONORABLE about being a dang YANKEE?
Now as best as I can tell from my New England vantage point, there is a world of difference between Kentuckians and Texans! Lumping both into the same description as "Southerners" seems sort of misleading at best... downright deceptive at worst! :rolleyes:

Now I admit that I've spent a LOT more time in Texas than in Kentucky! In fact, I don't even believe I've been to Kentucky in my entire life 'cept flying over. It's one of a mere handful of odd states I've never had the need or desire to go visit (other than for that postponed Corvette Museum roadtrip someday). That kinda tells you something all by itself! :)

You are just lucky that Kentucky needs to be mowed once in a while to keep the weeds under control or you'd probably be forced to move someplace else yourself... maybe even to New England!!! :D

jbrumberg

Dougster:

A great weekend for NE shaping up after the "slop" blows out of here on Friday. More "slop" coming Monday into Tuesday :pat: :sorry: . Then I think the "dance effect" will start to kick in :rolleyes: ; we'll see:waiting:. Have a great weekend with the GF :wink: ! Depending on where you are going in NH you might see ~6+ inches of new snow from the Friday storm :cool: . Jay :letitsnow:

jbrumberg

Farmwithjunk:

I am originally from the hills of north central PA. I can remember (at times :rolleyes: ) some pretty good snow events there. As you can attest, Kentucky can get some serious weather changes real quick :cool: . Your elevation compounds the effects :eek: . Beautiful country down there :respect: . Jay :letitsnow:

Now as best as I can tell from my New England vantage point, there is a world of difference between Kentuckians and Texans! Lumping both into the same description as "Southerners" seems sort of misleading at best... downright deceptive at worst! :rolleyes:

Now I admit that I've spent a LOT more time in Texas than in Kentucky! In fact, I don't even believe I've been to Kentucky in my entire life 'cept flying over. It's one of a mere handful of odd states I've never had the need or desire to go visit (other than for that postponed Corvette Museum roadtrip someday). That kinda tells you something all by itself! :)

You are just lucky that Kentucky needs to be mowed once in a while to keep the weeds under control or you'd probably be forced to move someplace else yourself... maybe even to New England!!! :D

It tells me you don't know a good thing when you see it:yum: :yum: :yum:

And us southerners will forgive you DANG YANKEES fer not knowin' bein' a southerner is more of a way of life and a matter of spirit than a geographical location. :cool:

jbrumberg

Farmwithjunk:

What I am about to state will probably send Ol' Dougster's blood pressure up a few more points :eek: :ohmy: :sorry: , but there are a lot of us "southerners so to speak" hillape types (like myself) who live in out here in the hills of western MA :cool:. I know quite a few individuals out here who can say with great pride- "I have never been to Boston," and hate the Patriots. I do agree with "a way of life and a matter of spirit" :respect: . Jay :letitsnow:

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster: A great weekend for NE shaping up after the "slop" blows out of here on Friday. More "slop" coming Monday into Tuesday :pat: :sorry: . Then I think the "dance effect" will start to kick in :rolleyes: ; we'll see:waiting:. Have a great weekend with the GF :wink: ! Depending on where you are going in NH you might see ~6+ inches of new snow from the Friday storm :cool: . Jay :letitsnow:
This "Live Free or Die" state swamp land under consideration is about 20 miles west of Manchester. Will it be getting any snow on Friday? :confused:

Dougster

Old Member
It tells me you don't know a good thing when you see it:yum: :yum: :yum: And us southerners will forgive you DANG YANKEES fer not knowin' bein' a southerner is more of a way of life and a matter of spirit than a geographical location. :cool:
Just tell me what-the-heck good it is to be a "Southerner" (as you clearly define yourself) if you can't enjoy B-B-Q??? :D

Farmwithjunk:

What I am about to state will probably send Ol' Dougster's blood pressure up a few more points :eek: :ohmy: :sorry: , but there are a lot of us "southerners so to speak" hillape types (like myself) who live in out here in the hills of western MA :cool:. I know quite a few individuals out here who can say with great pride- "I have never been to Boston," and hate the Patriots. I do agree with "a way of life and a matter of spirit" :respect: . Jay :letitsnow:

I just heard a blood curdling scream coming from the east!:yum:

Dougster

Old Member
Farmwithjunk: What I am about to state will probably send Ol' Dougster's blood pressure up a few more points :eek: :ohmy: :sorry: , but there are a lot of us "southerners so to speak" hillape types (like myself) who live in out here in the hills of western MA :cool:. I know quite a few individuals out here who can say with great pride- "I have never been to Boston," and hate the Patriots. I do agree with "a way of life and a matter of spirit" :respect: . Jay :letitsnow:
Now it it rarely a good thing when your therapist starts a post with a warning to you... but if you think I enjoy going to Boston and actually give a rat's tail about whether the Pats win the Superbowl or not, you still don't know me very well! ;)

On the other hand, I have a hard time wondering why anyone would move into the ultra-liberal, high-tax moonbat state from a fine state like Pennsylvania... but at least you did the right thing by staying as far away from Beantown as possible. Still, it is hard to consider Pennsylvania a "southern state"! In all my endless travels there, no one ever spoke funny (or wrote funny) or served up decent B-B-Q like I always got down in the REAL southern states! :thumb: And parts of Pennsylvania are downright northern in look, feel and values! :rolleyes:

I must admit it Jay! ;) You are confusing your patient... and NTT's one and only OLD MEMBER! :confused: