Hello, is there anybody out there?

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Three days without any post on the forum. I hope this is due to so many in the woods hunting.

I spent today replacing a broken main gate post leading to the pasture. It is simply wonderful having the RTV 900 xt to load the hoards of fencing equipment necessary to set a cedar post, slab the face, stretch the fence, then hang the gate. That RTV saves me many trips due to the fairly large bed. The bed looks small until you starting loading it. Love this thing!

After the gate was set, we separated weaning heifers again from the momma's. The RTV was used in pulling up tempory poly wire electirc fence, moving the mineral feeder, then getting us to the other corner of the farm and back, except for the one stop to tighten a permanent hi-tensile wire.

I've used a 4-wheeler for these chores in the past. I can say that I should have replaced the 4-wheeler many years ago with the RTV.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yea it gets quiet then all of a sudden it blat wide open. like you said people are out hunting and ridine enjoying the nice rideing weather.as soon as it starts to get to cold outside the forum will light up like a christmas tree again.

urednecku

WISH I had time for huntin'. Thrus. had the cattle break off 6 post between me & the neighbor, almost late for work getting the fence put back up. Then last couple of days took the family to Florida Flywheelers show, where my 15 yo boy got a new girlfriend, Allis.
Spent today getting to know her, she seems a little more tender than what I'm used to, but I think she'll be a good teacher for the boy!

Attachments

• hni0081n.jpg
    hni0081n.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 154

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'm taking advantage of the nice weather too. It's suppose to be bad Tues night and there abouts so I am doing all I can while it is warm and easy to use the fingers . We're tagging calves and starting to feed more and more as the grass dwindles. I hate cold weather even down here. bordercollie.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
...... oh yes, still here. Just taking it easy and enjoying the pretty weather. Been doing some riding around. Cooked my father a pork loin this morning in the Big Easy Cooker. Loaded it up and the blue bike and headed to his home in Natchez Mississippi. Have a nylon style cooler that I strap on the back when needed.
Yesterday, took a ride a motorcycle shoppe. Purchased a pair of full leather riding bib overalls.
Like them much. They are more comfortable than I thought they would be.

..... first time I came out with them on, wife smiled and said you should feel
right at home now, she made the statement, " looks like you just stepped out of the movie, Road Warrior !!! "

They sure know how to make on feel good, don't they !!!!!

Attachments

• raod warrior.jpg
    raod warrior.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 153
  • road-warrior-pic1.jpg
    road-warrior-pic1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 155

Dilligas

Went to the farm to hunt last night, my wife emailed me and this is what was on the camera behind the house this morning. I should have stayed home, at least I got to put a couple of hours on my new RTV and installed an overhead gun rack that fit great.

Attachments

• SUNP0007.jpg
    SUNP0007.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 159

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Urednecku, what a nice looking AC. I hope it's yours.

Bordercollie, at first I was suprised that you're already feeding, but I suspect the drought may have had a negative affect on the pastures. I started strip grazing stockpiled summer greasses today. Only problem is that I was only able to stockpile 8 acres. That won't last long.

Leather bibs? That sounds like a very claasy farmer, only I just can't picture slopping pigs in leather bibs!!!!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Leather bibs? That sounds like a very claasy farmer, only I just can't picture slopping pigs in leather bibs!!!!

Got them to ride the motorcycle with. Leather chaps aggrivate the devil out of me.
With bibs, more is covered.

Would of been nice if I would have had the bibs when I crashed. Things might of been different.
Anyhow, got 'em for protection.

vintovka

Still here. Back from really lousy gunshow in reno. More woodcutting, towing, winching, hauling with the old RTV tommorrow. Its one of the few things in life you can count on.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Your right Pepr , but this year is better than last year- This time last year , the pastures looked like February- bare. That drought was much worse because we did'nt get a TS Lee that year. .Right now, we are only feeding the new mamas to keep them in good condition and heavy milking and then the bulls we are raising to sell next fall at 2 years of age. Next week though, we will begin feeding everything. Our ddg went up $ 100 a ton from last year and the other stuff went up as well- Our total feed program will cost $30 grand more this year than last year because of the high grain prices. It will hit the supermarket before long- the domino effect I mean. :( bordercollie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
..... crazy how you mentioned " lousy gunshow" . I love gunshows, but the last three or four
we went to, was not work diddley squat. Done turned into a commercial thing these shows.
They seem to want to sell more knifes, western pictures, accessories etc .... , than they do
making deals with the guns.
I used to go nuts, like a child waiting for Christmas, when a gun show was coming to town.

Attachments

• Smiley with Mac.gif
    Smiley with Mac.gif
    379 bytes · Views: 133

Mark.Sibole

LOL It always happens looks like a doe in the background
Ive been hurting so much I havnt even been out and Firtst bow season ends tomorrow.
Hopefully I can make it out opening day for firearms season with out to much pain.
Good Luck and most of all STAY SAFE!!!!

Regards

Mark

urednecku

pepr, thanks. SWMBO saw it for sale at the show, 4 new tires, new paint, & asked the man standing there about it. Talked a couple minutes, turned to me & said "pay the man. It'll be perfect for the 15 yo to learn on." ...,......HUH???
Yea, it's under our shelter now.

vintovka

..... crazy how you mentioned " lousy gunshow" . I love gunshows, but the last three or four
we went to, was not work diddley squat. Done turned into a commercial thing these shows.
They seem to want to sell more knifes, western pictures, accessories etc .... , than they do
making deals with the guns.
I used to go nuts, like a child waiting for Christmas, when a gun show was coming to town.

The "Big Reno Show" was once all of what you described and more. Its now 1/3 flea market crap and the rest of the offerings are overpriced to the point of absurdity. They physically search you going in and out and seller have little interest in haggling. THe latter was half the fun in itself, The sellers were all paranoid about selling even C&R or antique guns and had crazy signs warning wouldbe unlicensed buyers. Seller with multipe $200 tables admitted they didn't even get close to making rent. Others had no sales at all. As an adtendee it Cost me over $300 in gas, food and lodging only to go home with nothing but a bad attitude. May never go again. Rather spend the $ on diesel and RTV goodies.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Spent the nice weekend getting ready for winter.
Get rid of the leaves (tons of them).
Rototill the garden and clean then put away the tiller.
Pressure wash all equipment.
Clean mower deck and sharpen blades.
Finish putting things away for the winter.
Multiple cans of Fluid Film on equipment.

e40

Yes it was a nice weekend to be out and not at the computer. I agree with the gun show comments. There was one this weekend in town and I didn't even try to get out there. I did buy a new trailer to haul my still somewhat new RTV around. Had a 10 foot that the RTV fit in nicely, but just a little too close on each end. So I bought a 12 foot tube frame (instead of angle iron frame) trailer. Same GVWR, but is so much nicer. Haven't towed the RTV in it yet, maybe tommorow to fill the feeders. Gonna start getting alot more use over the next month.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Haven't towed the RTV in it yet,

Be sure to run it on your trailer backwards ......

You want to be like a crawfish, don't care where you are going, just want to see where you been >>>>>>

Attachments

• POSTED SIGN.jpg
    POSTED SIGN.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 90
It's been too warm for me to get into hunting season of any sort here in Ohio. I'm not saying I want to freeze but I like to hunt when it's cool around 25 - 35 degrees ... these 50's and 60's degree temps are a bit too warm for me to go after deer, rabbit, or squirrel. Still have leaves to deal with on about 2 acres but everytime I get ready to get them up it rains!

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Been busy working on other vehicles and getting things ready for winter. Garden is almost ready to turn under and the greenhouses are filled to where we need more space already. Wife has too many posies and not enough veggies in there. Hope to lime my pasture if I get my truck repair done. Wife has been using the RTV to haul old plant stalks out of the flower beds. Our deer season starts Saturday so I would like to at least shoot my gun a few times.