Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, my son and I spent about 2 1/2 years restoring our 71. It was a project we will always treasure. Wanted a 70 convertible to do but couldn't find one with solid frame and body that we could afford to turn into a pro touring car. Had a friend back in the day with 67 big block. blue with black vinyl top. Always wanted a chevelle since.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 163

Mark.Sibole

Good luck to Gail.So far im looking good but waiting on Biopsy.Throat and stomach inflamed but looks cancer free.Waiting on the rest of the tests so see if its bacteria related or where to go from there.

Mark.Sibole

Good to hear DOC.Still hovering around -22 to -23 here.Roads are all ice and snow covered.The old Bota struggled to start yesterday.To damn cold out lol.As soon as it warms up a bit ill go try to fire her up.Ive been parking it next to the outside wood boiler full of wood so it dosnt like me right now cause it hasnt been in its toasty 32 degree barn lol.
Hope all is well my friend.

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
I just thought it was cold here this morning. 16 deg f After reading Mark and Docs post we are having a heat wave! lol They are forecasting snow sleet and freezing rain for us starting tonight thru Tuesday night and are under a winter storm watch. That is a big deal here in the south. Atlanta says they will be ready for it this year (if you believe that stand on your head) but after what went on down there last year we will see. ( film at 11:00) Here in our small northeast Georgia town everything comes to a stop when there is a winter weather event. On the bright side wife and I and the dogs are sitting on ready to get out and ride around the country side in the rtv in the snow! Hope everyone stays warm and safe.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
9 AM and it's 17 here just south of Chattanooga, Tn this morning. The Atlanta TV stations are all buzzing for the last couple of days about what is supposedly coming. It's really funny kinda as the weather service changes the story every 2 hours.......yesterday it was 4 or 5 inches of snow, teens, and wind..........Today it is freezing rain, 20's, and wind........Actually for them it is shut-down city with ice......lol....or snow...

Up here 60 miles to the north, it's gonna be snow I think. Maybe 3 or 4 inches; but COLD for a day or two...........meaning in the low teens and twenties for the highs. My firewood sales phone calls are ringing like crazy; but they all want delivery.......

That is a story or thread in itself I think I will start.......folks here want something for nothing and think that a rick, 4'X4'X4', for $100 seasoned and $75 green is an OK price but deliver it 30 miles for nothing is expected..........SORRY........God bless.......Dennis

Mark.Sibole

I really feel sorry for all of you down south.Up here im used to it but i know you all down there live there cause you dont want to deal with this BS.Maybe its Obamas way of sharing the wealth lol.
Please stay warm and keep safe.If you arnt used to this shit it can make life real tough.As for forcasts they never get them right.Its out of the same playbook Al used for his global warming scam.According to him we should be in the mid 80 here in michigan this time of year. Reading back at all of my typos i bet you call cant wait till i get my new keyboard lol.This one has been so abused over the last 15 years keys dont hardly work.Needs a good cleaning and bath.Ill do that when new board arrives and keep this one as a spare when re conditioned.

Kanook

-22.2 and still falling here in michigan keep warm out there its brutal.

Got me beat....Only 20 below here.I got a bunch of laneways waiting to be cleared...Hate blowing snow in these temps, the cab is cosy warm but when it's this cold the metal is brittle as heck....Shear bolt slicing weather. :angry3:

herman48

After 29 years in Alaska (and 7 in Montana before) Southern Alabama feels like Africa... Warm during the day, and cold at night. I am often using the centralized air conditioner in the house when the sun is shining. At night the heater kicks in. We have not had any snow this year (we did last year, but only an inch or two). We are going to have some "cold" weather in a couple of days (27 degrees at night). However, it's really humid down here, and even around 35 degrees it feels cold. If you are sitting motionless in a tree stand waiting for a deer, you can wear all the warm clothing you want, and you'll still be cold. I used to go snowmobiling in Montana at -40, and spent days in the duck blind on Kodiak Island, with ice forming on the lagoon I hunted, and I didn't shiver as much as I do here, especially from half an hour before sunrise and an hour after, the coldest and most humid period of the day.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
-13 with a -38 wind chill this morning. We are up -5 with bright sunshine but tonight they say -20 or worse with wind chills -40 or lower. Had to warm up the snowplow pump on my truck this morning to plow back drifts. Glad I left the chains and a load of wood on it. I have had my skid steer plugged in for the past week and even then I had to cycle the glow plugs twice to start it yesterday. Even with my good gloves and boots on my fingers and toes were cold in no time piling wood at the outside boiler. Bota sits in the barn because I ain't going nowhere with it in this weather. Next week is more of the same sub zero temps.

Mark.Sibole

heading for 20 below tonight with 30 mph winds which will put us close to 50 below maybe even lower right now its -2 actual -24 wind chill keep warm everyone tomorrow isnt supposed to break zero and lows of -25 to 30 actual

herman48

heading for 20 below tonight with 30 mph winds which will put us close to 50 below maybe even lower right now its -2 actual -24 wind chill keep warm everyone tomorrow isnt supposed to break zero and lows of -25 to 30 actual

Obviously the effect of global warming...

Keep warm, buddy--stay inside!

Mark.Sibole

15 below right now its fresh out there
summary.gif

Edit due to my stupidity
I keep forgetting this image updates every 5 minutes ill have to save image first next time then post

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We only got down to -22° here.
The furnace actually ran last night. Most of the time the 2 wood stoves are enough to keep it warm but that's expecting them to handle a 90° difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.