Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark.Sibole

this is as far as i can afford to go with it for now.
Colt 6940le
colt6940le.jpg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice setup! What kind of scope is that?

Like the wedge pinewood derby cars.

The Redwings thingy... meh. ;)

herman48

These are hard times for gun owners, especially for those who have "black rifles." I would not post pictures of mine on a public forum--if I had semiautomatic rifles, which I swear on a stack of Bibles I do not have. Honest. Really. Fo' shizzle. Got that, G-Men in charge on spying on forums, blogs and emails? Actually, I don't have any guns at all, Obama! I hate the damn things! Would I lie to you?:whistling:

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your .223 you can ..............

Mark.Sibole

And what if we dont like Obama???Guess were stuck with his dumb ass because no one in congreaa has a set to do anything.Damn this country is really in a deep shit hole!

herman48

And what if we dont like Obama???Guess were stuck with his dumb ass because no one in congreaa has a set to do anything.Damn this country is really in a deep shit hole!
You ain't seen nuthin'--wait until Hitlery Clinton flies into the White House window astride her broom! She'll make us miss Obama!

texrdnec

all of my really fun shit is registered, anyway. no reason not to show it

need to get a new pic, that's from early on in my title ii journey

texrdnec

far from it

that's a savage trr-sr .22lr

also the most entertaining gun in that picture. everybody wants a turn on something fast but at the end of the day there's still a line to shoot that gun. with subsonic ammo it's just silly quiet

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
good to have photos of your firearms cause when Obama and or Clinton are done transforming the second amendment into useless liberal jibberish, photos are all that will remain. Think Canada, England and Australia as gun-free countries.

Just something to think about.

Mark.Sibole

Ah ok Pictures are decieving.
Not sure on the gun grab though if i remember right way back when there was a revoluition that stopped tyranical GOVTs and it may happen again.There are way to many well armed malitias out there and im more than sure a Marine would be on our side it it happened.Now to sure on army though.Marines are a Breed and class of their own.(FIRST CLASS)

Mark.Sibole

Well after a long hard winter here in Michigan with help from a friend I have the 990 up and running real good.I got the power steering pump rebuilt and the bucket crowd ram rebuilt.Steering was about 25 i think for the kit and they cylinders were 15 each in parts.Only thing left to do now is trace down the electrical problem that has left the temp gauge and fuel gauge non working and replace the tach cable but this can be done any time.Next month ill change engine oil again and then change out hydro oil and filter.
This sure has taken a huge load off of my RTV 900
Regards

Mark

herman48

They're baaaaack!

One of the "delights" of Southern living are the "love bugs." They are small beetles, about the size of an ant, about 1/2" long. They are black and have a tiny red head. Some years (and last year was one of them) there are millions of them, in big swarms. They call them love bugs because they copulate in flight. Connected at the tip of their abdomens they fly around aimlessly. They have no natural enemies (except windshields and radiators) because their bodies have high acidity. Not even spiders want them. They are not a real pest because they feed on rotting vegetation, don't sting, and don't bite. But when their bodies splatter on your car (where they stick like Superglue) and they are not removed in a timely manner, the acidity in them will corrode the paint. Last year there were so many I couldn't even barbecue. They'd fall on hot steaks and burgers and immolate themselves in a last, desperate act of love. I guess they are the South's version of Sex Ed. I imagine that lots of southern children ask their parents why these pairs of bugs fly around and land everywhere (especially light surfaces) attached to each other. I don't know what their parents will say to them, but I'd like to listen to their explanations...
Anyhow, they are back. I hope their numbers will not be as enormous as they were last year. I hate washing my truck every time I drive it!
On a more positive note, the fireflies are back, too. I don't mind them.

TRIBUTE100

Cut down two trees in our back yard late last week that were about 20 feet from the back door. The red oak (stump shown) was about 50 years old and starting dying in the last few years, except for a few rotted limbs, the main trunk was solid as shown. I had let English ivy grow up into it, but I don't think that killed it. The shag bark hickory next to it had ivy also and it was healthy, as evidenced last year by the enormous amount of nuts that rolled off the roof and had to be raked off the yard.

I rented a log splitter Monday and used my 2010 RTV 900 to move the splitter around the yard. I turned the splitter vertical, let my wife work the controls as I man handled 12 inches lengths that must have weighed 200 lbs. each, 30 lbs. more than me. Yesterday I used the 'Bota to move the firewood and to another location and stacked it after dumping it out. At the same time two guys from a Well and Pump Co. were installing a new well pump in my 500 foot deep well, that had bit the dust the night before. They were really impressed by the 'Bota's utility.

I calculated that loaded as shown, it was about 1/4 of a full cord of wood. It felt like I had maxed out the payload capacity (1650 lbs), but fortunately it was an easy ride over to the wood pile.

Attachments

• 2015-05-05 KUBOTA 5.5.15 002.jpg
    2015-05-05 KUBOTA 5.5.15 002.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 2015-05-01 TREE REDOAK 5.1.15 001.jpg
    2015-05-01 TREE REDOAK 5.1.15 001.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.