Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I cannot imagine what that costs per year in dogfood. But would get a stranger's attention. Growing up we had a Lab mix that was given away in the local paper. They had it in the backyard attached to a closeline wire. When a stranger would approach our house (we had 15 acres) he would bark once or twice and then lay there and growl. I swear you could hear him for twenty yards. Smart strangers would start shouting to get someone's attention. He also loved to retrive box turtles.

not a breed for the faint of heart!

ovrszd

Before the election I said "sure be glad when the election is over so the press will talk about something else".

Now realize that ain't happening.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Dropped off our camper at the dealer for the annual roof inspection. The service advisor there told me that many motorcycle clubs were planning to surround D.C. and provide a ring that would diffuse any protests attempting to disrupt the election. If true, that is a tall order but I do hope its one of many actions taken to ensure a smooth event.

Regardless of party or affiliation, this is an American institution and attempting to protest or disrupt is dumb. It won't change the election results any more than it would have changed O's first or second election. Its just dumb. I wonder if these protesters have jobs?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Thanks for pointing that out. I had not updated it since ...2007 or so when NTT started. Your reminder got me to fix it. Easy peezy. Calendar will get good for a long while now. :thumb:

I'll let Doc reply but I don't think the calendar hasn't worked for years.

Wish you had mentioned that to me. :yum:

Note to all, If you look at the calendar and it is not on the current month, just click show current day and that will flip the calendar to the right month.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So, my RTV wouldn't start the other morning. Temps overnight were about 5°. How much kero do you add to your diesel to stop that?

Once it warmed up, it fired right up.

ovrszd

I don't like to blend fuel. #1 or kero creates less power than #2. I prefer to treat fuel with a product that will lower the "gel" point. I use white bottle Power Service. Once temps go below freezing I treat.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I treat all my diesel with the white bottle Power Service (with Cetane booster). For some reason, it wasn't quite enough. I can possibly blame it on low electrical juice. It had enough to crank but after a few tries of 10 seconds or so, the battery said it was tired. I put it on .75A charger and put the block heater on it for a couple hours. It still cranked but no start which is why I'm thinking frozen fuel line. Might be time to replace the fuel filter.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Try just loosening one of the fuel lines on the injector pump like you are bleeding it. Get fuel when you turn it over???............Then you are for sure getting fuel to the cylinders if some comes out..........Did it ever start????

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My bil just put in an "order" for 2 border collie puppies.It's been over a year of lonely,quiet rides in the RTV and am sure looking forward to having a special companion again however,... . I know I will never, ever have another Belle (16 years) She was totally loyal and will always be in my heart- I don't know if it was me or the RTV she loved the most but thats ok ... she was a real, forever pal and my heart and hand miss rubbing her little old head. collie

shinnery

Based on my 76 years 'sperence I would bet it was you before the RTV. Are you going to get to train two cowdogs at once?
Bryce

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
So glad for you to have your BUDS again. A true listener to you in good and bad times, snuggling against you for your love and to give you theirs, on cold days so good to reach fingertips under her as she lays on the seat next to you..........oh just on and on....Those BC's are truly God's gift to the farm for work and love.........HE is so good.........Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank ya'll. I am really looking forward to having a buddy. I hope one of them takes to me and the RTV over the 4 whlr .
Dennis you are sure right. Don't you just love the way a pup smiles at ya. :) When everyone else is complaining, they just give you the "look" with ears softened and that little piercing eye lock and you know all will be fine because the day will be done soon and it will be time to go home .
Shinnery, we never really trained Millie or Belle but as pups ,they did love to herd the chickens without harming them and it grew from there.
I rehabbed song birds for a while and had some snakes(2) get into a mockingbird nest and scatter the little things. This was right nest to the garden and the little birds were in the rows somewhere.. I said "Belle where are the birds"? She looked at me and directly went to them. I put up a basket in the tree and placed them in it (after disposing of the offenders) and the parent birds feed them from then on till they left.
Millie was a natural and could get whatever cow you pointed at and bring it to you. Once she brought me a cow and I said "no, I want the calf" and she went back and got it among other cows. She was a good zig zagger. Thank ya'l again, :) collie

Heatwave

Best wishes for you and your new pups. The only way to get over the loss of a beloved dog is to get another. This I know about myself: I cannot live Life fully without a dog. If you can post pix of your pups, I'd like to see them. I've never had a border collie, but I have been around them ... friends' dogs ... over the years. We have long ... more than 45 years ... had Shelties. Shelties share the border collies' herding instincts, including staring at you, and "reading" you, anticipating your every move, understanding your voice and especially your moods. They are wonderful dogs and my life has been greatly blessed by the ones it has been our privilege to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.