Howdy guys and gals

Titleman

Just a note to introduce myself to this (new to me) forum. I found it by accident when I was on another tractor forum, reading a thread wherein Mith had posted a reply. Glad I took the plunge. I'm a dad and a husband. Self employed. I'm on my 2nd tractor and relatively new to the tractor scene. I'v had one now about 4 years and still have alot to learn. I use mine mostly on the weekends when I have a chance, working a 22 acre parcel of land the wife would love to build on. I also do alittle bass fishing, when I'm not working on our first ever pole barn. It's 30x45 with 1/4 of it enclosed for a work-shop/ storage shed or whatever. I'm not real good at this talking about myself so, I'll leave it as it is and hope to log-on, learn and maybe someday soon, contribute when I can. I love these tractor forums. See ya......Tom
icon7.gif

Mith

Welcome Tom!

Post pics of your barn if you can, 30x45 is a fair size! Are you doing it all yourself?

Nice tractor BTW, I doubt there are many of us here that aren't envious of the cab :D

Titleman

Yes, I am. It's taking alot longer than I had thought it would but, that's my fault. There are other things we(she) likes to do too. Mith, as soon as I learn to post pictures, I will. I have taken a few along the way so as to be able to remember it as it was built and all the things that go along with an undertaken such as this. I spend less time on the tractor than my wife. She loves it. My first tractor was a Yanmar 2610D and had it a couple of years to sort of learn on. It was a very nice tractor and really didn't want to get rid of it but, the wife made more sense with her side of the discussion verses mine. Know what I mean? See Ya, Tom

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome!!!!!!!! Pictures are agood thing .......... :D

Let's see the progress even if it is slow!

Have fun and post often.................:Tip-Hat2:

shinnlinger

Tom,

Maybe you and I should start the 10+ year building project website. I inherited 24 acres in NH that had a house (the one we currently live in) but it is such bad shape I am building a new strawbale timberframe out back...I had to build a barn first(24x30) though and that happens to be in my introduction from a few days ago.

HOw big is a 3720?

Shinnlinger

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Tom,
Welcome to NTT. I'm glad you signed up.
I'm a weekend tractor guy also. I am constantly amazed at what these machines can accomplish.
I have a little project that I've drug out all summer also. I'm a boating addict and kinda left my project sit. :hide:

Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

B

bczoom

Welcome to the forum!!!

For all you barn/shop/shed builders out there, I'd like to see a new thread on the subject. I've got my share of them and have built more than a couple. The biggest thing is building the right size. I figured out what I thought would be ample space. 3 years later, I was building another since I ran out of space. 4 years later, another went up.

Titleman

Thank you Mith, shinnlinger, Doc, Jim Slagle, Big Dog and bczoom and others that may have read, but not posted, for the warm reception. shinnlinger, a 3720 eHydro, which mine is, has a manufacturer's estimated 43.7 gross hp and estimated 35 on the PTO. It seemed at one time it might just take me 10 years to get it finished at the rate I was moving. There are other priorites SWMBO has over and beyond a pole barn. Besides, we had a major setback on our home that derailed my barn project. Our home was flooded throughout entire home last October, about 3 months after installation of hardwood flooring. Talk about poor timing. Anyway, I've had a few bigger fish to fry rather than trying to get my barn built. Mith, I will try the treads you have directed me to for posting photos and see what happens. Thanks a ton. bczoom, that's why I went 30x45. Even as we speak, I'm thinking bigger would have been better. Is that being a little too greedy? I don't think so either. Again, thank you guys for the warm reception. Tom

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That will be an nice shed. I went with 12' height in mine, and your's looks higher. Is that 14' or what?

Titleman

Mornin' Doc. I had not planned on this "shed" being this high but,not all goes well even with the best laid plans. To answer your question thou, it's about 17' high. Plenty of room for modifications/additions. Tom :D