Hunting Rig Updates

ajdillon

Many of you have seen pictures of my hunting rig, with the high bench in the back. We cruise around at night with a spotlight looking for hogs or predators. A problem we have run into is communicating with the driver to get him or her to stop when we spot something. As you guys know sitting in the cab on top of the diesel power plant is not exactly like sitting in a quiet library. Here's how we solved that problem. First I wired a female RCA jack just under the roof line in the center of the back with a rubber cap for when it is not in use.

While I was at it I installed a 12 volt receptacle there as well, for the spotlight, had to put a slight bend in the roof line to allow the plug to get in and out.

Next, I found a company that sells momentary contact push buttons on a wire, with a male RCA jack. (People apparently use them to play Jeopardy at home)

Finally, an LED side marker light mounted on the window ledge right in front of the driver, push the button and flash the driver.

I'll let you know how it works.

Andrew

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 128

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I will have to say, that is the idea of the century !!!! Love it !!!

Nothing can make one loose his temper faster when you can't get the driver to stop when needed.

That there is a BIG PLUS to the hunting community !!!!

.......... two guns