Hydraulic hook-up

rtng

Hello, I recently received a hydraulic pruning shear for my rtv 900. When I hook it up the the tilt outlets, I can make the jaws open and close with the tilt controls, but the lever on the pruner does nothing. I've switched hoses, and tried the control in "flow" position but nothing happens. Am I missing something or is something wrong? thanks. serial number is 55147 if that matters.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Can't help with the pruner but I can welcome you to the forum! :)

David69

Hello, I recently received a hydraulic pruning shear for my rtv 900. When I hook it up the the tilt outlets, I can make the jaws open and close with the tilt controls, but the lever on the pruner does nothing. I've switched hoses, and tried the control in "flow" position but nothing happens. Am I missing something or is something wrong? thanks. serial number is 55147 if that matters.

Do you have a set of aux. hydraulic hookups on the back separate from the tilt control?

shinnery

Possibly a picture of what you have will help. Is there any sort of hyd. cylinder connected to the pruning shear?
Bryce

ovrszd

If you have the aux hydraulics there will be two sets of connectors at the rear of the RTV. There will also be 2 levers by the seat.

Knowing nothing about your pruner, I'll say the common method of use is to secure the RTV hydraulic lever in the "down" or "up" position with a bungee cord or tarp strap or whatever, which will provide a constant flow of hydraulic fluid to the attachment. Then use the attachment lever to control that flow.

David69

No, I don't think so. Although there are more plugs in the valve body...

I believe you would need the Utility Model Kubota that comes with auxiliary flow and return lines on the right side under the tailgate and a separate hydraulic reservoir on the passenger side for your hook up. This is a image of my setup. I also believe Bordercollie tried to modify his. There is a link somewhere. Hopefully he will see this and jump in. Good luck!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 104
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 105

David69

David, I have no need for the aux setup,,,,, but that doesn't mean I don't want it. :)

I understand . :tiphat: I am anxious to use mine with this 200 gallon sprayer in the early spring

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 101

rtng

I dont have the auxilliary outlets... but yes the pruner has a cylinder inside it. There is a lever, like a gas pump lever to activate the shears, but it doesnt seem to do anything. As I said, I can operate the shears with tilt lever, so its getting oil, but not operating like it should.

rtng

Ok, I was just out fiddling with it again, and it DOES work now... as OVRSZD suggested, If i hold the tilt lever and pull the handle it works fine. I did that yesterday as well, but maybe it took a few cycles to fill properly or something. Anyway thanks all!! Should add that I wont be using it a lot, just a couple fruit tree, some yard pruning... so hoping that the standard tilt outlet will hold up to this use.

Last edited:

Kanook

The standard tilt outlet will work fine for what you will be doing.....JUST DO NOT leave the lever engaged. There is insufficient cooling available for that hydraulic circuit for continuous use.