Increasing power on 1100?

Camo1100

Does anyone have any suggestions for increasing/improving the power on an 1100? My dad put 26 inch tires (8ply GBC Grim Reapers) on as soon as he bought the 1100 so we may have lost some oomph there (he wanted 27's but I thought that might be too tall). Looking for any and all thoughts. Thanks.

Camo1100

Update on low power

My dad called the dealer about the lack of power and a mechanic came to look at it. The mechanic said something was definitely wrong with it but he didn't know what it was. He also said he might possibly call the company for any possible information. It will be ready for it's 50 hour service check in another 20 hours and the mechanic will hook it to the computer and try to diagnose things then.

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
You could clean the muffler screen. It has 2 allen head bolts holding on the tail-pipe. Remove both and pull the tail-pipe off and see if the screen is plugged. I cut the screen out of mine only have about 1-2 inches of pipe on the inside with the entire screen removed. No more clogged muffler.
People have raised concerns about fire hazard. It's your call. The screen is forestry's way of keeping sparks from starting fires. All the diesel tractors and equipment in the woods and you never here of them being the cause, more often than not it is lightning or careless smokers/campers.
:myopinion: