ioti CK4010SE - RPM's won't increase past idle

dvleemin

Hi,
I have a 2022 Kioti CK4010SE with about 40 hours on it, and today I could not get the RPM's to increase. With this tractor, when you start it, regardless of the throttle lever position the RPM's start out really low. So usually you just move the throttle leave up and then down, and then the RPM's increase to a normal operating level. Today though moving the throttle lever does nothing and so the tractor won't increase the RPM's at all. I'm at a complete loss as to why this is suddenly happening.

Anyone have any ideas?

Darryl

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.
What's your weather? Wondering if you have a cold weather fuel issue.
Linkages?
Being this new, can your dealer help?

Reactions: Doc

dvleemin

So it was around -10 celcius - but not that bad.

I moved the tractor into our garage (which is around 4 celcius) and 30 mins later tried again and it worked. . . no way that things melted that quickly so not sure what was going on . . .

Smilingreen

-10C is 14 F. Not sure what quality Diesel you are running, but low quality diesel can gel at 20F. 10F to 15F is where a good grade of #2 diesel will start to gel. Get some anti-gel and get your diesel treated. I had the diesel on my RTV gel up on me last week. Had to run Power Service Diesel 911 through it to get the wax plug dissolved, then treated the fuel with anti-gel. Hasn't been a problem since treatment.

dvleemin

So was running winter diesel and can't see it being gelled . . . where we live in nothern alberta and don't typically see gel issues until a lot colder than that.