Kubota OEM Strobe Light & Turn Signal Kit are Stupid Expensive - What was your workaround?

ee_drew

I'm looking for easy-to-install alternatives to the Kubota OEM Strobe Light Kit and Turn Signal Kit. The strobe light kit seems fairly easy (except for the metal bracket), the turn signals seem more difficult.

Either way, if you found a "better" and hopefully "cheaper" alternative to the Kubota OEM components for these two purposes, I'd love to hear about them here.

Ideally with...
a link where one could buy and learn more about it
a picture of it on your machine

But beggars can't be choosers, so whatever you can give is appreciated!

Has anyone tried this switch with an RTV? And perhaps found some sort of after-market turn indicators to use with it? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FM1R54...GLAYDXBF&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Don't have a turn signal kit so can't help you there.
For the strobe lights, are you looking for a roof-mounted solution?
I went with Ecco strobe lights. Not near the machine to get you an exact model # right now but it may be or is similar to this one.

I have a plastic roof so I just screwed/mounted it directly to the roof. See picture below.
Something to check (and I found out the hard way). If you have a standard garage door height (what is that, about 6.5'?) my bare RTV with the plastic roof fits. The roof mounted lights DO NOT FIT.
For the spotlight in the center of my roof, I don't recall if that's screwed in or magnet right now. I think at one time it was magnet so I just screwed a flat piece of steel to the roof then stuck the light to the steel.
CIMG4941.JPG

tfdr1

Nothing fancy just a little bit of blinky blink to get me noticed when I'm clearing end of driveway.

Dave

Attachments

• 20231118_121643.mp4
    1.9 MB
  • 20231118_121656.mp4
    883.2 KB

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I made a mount that is attached to the right rear position of the X1100C wired for a light. On this metal mount I position a magnetic multifunction LED strobe light. It is powered via its own power cord that I plug into the 12v tap. It has worked out really well and the cord is routed around back of the passenger head rest and then down between the seats. I had this now for more than 8 winters - on my X900 before moving it to my X1100C in 2021. I take it off in the spring. I don't have directionals.

Reactions: Doc

Smilingreen

Sometimes, you just have to go down that stupid expensive route if you want to have something that works correctly. I had the Kubota turn signals added to mine when I bought it. It fits perfect, looks and acts proper. I didn't have to stand on my head for 2 hours under the dash trying to figure out how to tap into the system, cut and spice all those wire harnesses and after I thought I was done, see that I wired the left headlight into the flasher signal and the right turn signal into the headlight power circuit.

I don't have the beacon on top, so I am not sure how expensive that is.

Reactions: Doc

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter

Attachments

• IMG_1220.JPG
    IMG_1220.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1221.MOV
    4.6 MB
  • IMG_1222.JPG
    IMG_1222.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 13

Smilingreen

A bit of snow coming in tonight so I put the plow on and set up the strobe light. I've had the strobe light since 2018. The magnetic base is super strong and locks nicely on the rack I made. There are about 6 different flashing patterns that are easily switched with the 2nd switch on the power plug. No noise! https://www.amazon.com/Xprite-Enfor...76CXGTZ1&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_grid_rp_0_1_ec_i
Ooooh, show us some pics of your bed side rails. How did you fasten them to the factory bed?

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Ooooh, show us some pics of your bed side rails. How did you fasten them to the factory bed?
The side rails are connected to square stock that fits in the square channels at the corners of the cargo box. Pop the covers off and then slide in the square tubing, and cut to the length you want. Most hardware departments carry the square stock in 4 foot lengths. I purchased the smaller plastic caps that fit the new uprights. The oak panels slide into aluminum channels that I cut to the proper length. These are bolted through the new uprights. I think the pictures below show it better than a written explanation can. The rubber "gasket" along the forward panel helps keep debris from following onto the engine. This works really well when loading stone, loam and wood chips.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1229.JPG
    IMG_1229.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1223.JPG
    IMG_1223.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1224.JPG
    IMG_1224.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1225.JPG
    IMG_1225.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1226.JPG
    IMG_1226.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1227.JPG
    IMG_1227.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1228.JPG
    IMG_1228.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 31

Smilingreen

The side rails are connected to square stock that fits in the square channels at the corners of the cargo box. Pop the covers off and then slide in the square tubing, and cut to the length you want. Most hardware departments carry the square stock in 4 foot lengths. I purchased the smaller plastic caps that fit the new uprights. The oak panels slide into aluminum channels that I cut to the proper length. These are bolted through the new uprights. I think the pictures below show it better than a written explanation can. The rubber "gasket" along the forward panel helps keep debris from following onto the engine. This works really well when loading stone, loam and wood chips.
Hope this helps.
Nice! I may have to do a little fabricating over the holidays.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I installed the turn signal kit on my Honda Pioneer. Not a fun job. Had to have my son help. So when I bought the new to me 2015 x1100c I had the turn signal kit installed at the dealer the first thing. I drive it on the roads a few times a month and the safety benefit of the turn signals and flashers seemed well worth the price. That was a few years ago and now I don't even remember how bad it hurt my checkbook. Overall so worth it.