Kubota RTV 1100 hand brake stuck

Befox

We have a 2012 or 2013 Kubota RTV and it was parked in our building most of the summer with the hand brake set. Well now we are trying to drive it and it feels like the brake is still engaged. Please help me figure out how to unstick it so I can go more than 2mph and it won't pull a slight hill because the brake is stuck. I am trying to trace the cable so we can get it to release.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
it makes a definite difference if your model is an X1100 or the older style 1100. is the handbrake near the seat on the left side or on the dash?

Befox

Left side of seat. It was manufactures in 2012, 2013 or 2014. I will have to check shortly

Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
if the hand brake is left of seat your model is an 1100. the cable attached to the hand lever attaches to the side of the transmission. look for movement while cycling the lever or pushing on the brake peddle. you will find a block with a couple of pistons for the foot peddle and a cable for the hand brake. most likely this block and the pistons are rusty and stuck. use wd 40 and gently tap the pistons back and forth to free them up. there are also a couple of levers one on each side of the transmission near the axle. these are the individual brake levers. you can follow the mechanism and make sure all movement is free.

Reactions: Doc