Kubota RTV Speed modifcations?

G

Has anyone figured out away to get theses things to go a little faster? I have already gone through and adjusted the throttle cables and the speed control plate and stuff and now i can go about 31 mph but i was just wondered if it was possible to get another 5 or so mph's out of it?</P>

G

beyond what you've done...? Maybe bigger tires. Sounds like you've covered the mechanical stuff. </P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
As noted, tires are about it.

If you want to go faster, I'd propose you buy another UTV for speed (Rhino or Prowler). Keep the RTV for slower things or work.

RTV900

[quote user="Anonymous"]

I have already gone through and adjusted the throttle cables and the speed control plate and stuff [/quote]</P>

What is the speed control plate. and how do I adjust it.I'd like to go 31 mph.</P>

msieb

Try putting Power Service diesel additive into the fuel. It seems to have helped

mine out. Run's a little quieter and it's got more pep. You can get it at Walmart

and alot of other automotive store's(WallyWorld's cheapest).Get the grey bottle

of P/S it has a higher cetane rating than the white bottle. Yes there is two different

bottles of this same product, the white bottle has anti gell formula for cold weather

with a slightly lower cetane rating. If you think about it while you are there pic up

some marvel mystery oil for and add a little of that to the fuel also.I have been doing

this for some time with no ill effects(Truck & RTV) P.S increases fuel mileage also

not that the RTV need's it.

tep

I just bought a new rtv could you fill me in on how to adjust the cables and plates on mine to get it to top speed.