Kubota rtv-x1140- Stalling

Mud2moab

Hello all,
I have recently acquired a x1140 from an auction company.
It will sit a idle as long as I would let, but when trying to drive it, it stalls after a 100 yards or so. It will start back up, then another short drive and it stalls again.
I've changed the fuel filter, fuel pump, and added a check valve prior to the pump.
No change, I put in an electric fuel pump, and still have the same results. I have good fuel flow coming to the pump, and with the electric pump I have a good continuous flow back into tank via the bypass line. I can hear the fuel shut off solenoid clicking when I cycle the key on and off. What am I missing?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to our forums. I hope one of our pros stop by with a reply for you soon. It's summer and many of us are out and about so replies can take a bit longer than normal.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Check your fuel lines for any cracks or loose connections. If you're sucking air, that may do it.

Reactions: Doc

Mud2moab

Check your fuel lines for any cracks or loose connections. If you're sucking air, that may do it.
If i have a crack won't the fuel seep out during the short run times that I'm experiencing. The injectors, the head, and the fuel pump are all clean and dry.
When I break loose an injector retaining nut the engine will idle roughly, then re-tighten, and it smooths out, on all three.
When I had the electric pump hooked up, I accidentally left it on at the end of the day. When I came out two days later I could hear what sounded like water running. The pump had been circulating fuel through the system and back to the tank for 2 days.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Being it came from an auction did you change the hydro fluid? Did you use Kubota's Super UDT? Expensive stuff but worth it. I've read of issue when folks used other hydraulic fluid.
If you have not changed the hydraulic fluid I think that would be a good next step. We know the fuel is good, what I don't know is if bad or low hydraulic fluid would cause a stall.