leaking Hydro fluid under the rear

billt01

so my 1140 has 18 hours on it and I noticed a leak under the back, I took it to my dealer. So there are two purge valves located at the top of the transmission. These have two rubber "snorkels" and if you run the RTV at high speeds for a long period of time the hydro fluid will purge out of the snorkel if the fluid level is too high. So if you have a bit of hydro fluid on the ground after running the machine at top speed for a bit of time, don't be alarmed. There are reason why these snorkels do this, and its a good reason as not to build too much pressure up.

anywho, I hope this helps someone else..i was a bit concerned

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Congratulations on your RTV purchase, you are going to love it. I bought a new X1100 in 2016 and have used it daily since, I have never had a problem and only spent money on maintenance. Closing in on 1,000 hours I would like to jump out of it and get into a newer model but they have not redesigned anything so there is not much incentive to upgrade. I hope your property development is going well, it is rewarding to take a undeveloped piece of ground and make it your own through improvements.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
it is also a singe that your hydro fluid is foaming. usually caused by air induction or the fluid is carrying to much water.

Reactions: Doc