Lurker to poster ratio???

ovrszd

Anyone wonder why there are soooooo many visits to a thread compared to posters???? Maybe it's just me??? :)

It's one of those things that makes you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...... :)

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Anytime somebody opens a thread to see a new post, that makes the view total go up ,I think.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I'm pretty sure it is North Korea! not absolutely sure but pretty sure. Shhh they don't know that we know that they don't know we are really watching them as they watch us watching them watch us. Shhhh it's secret

Last edited:

Wild Bill

I've been a forum user on many different topic areas for the better part of 15 years. Started with my homebrewing hobby and continues forward with pretty much anything else I pick up.

I personally find it very enjoyable to share and engage with others about things both in person and online. Ideas can go from mediocre to phenomenal and questions/problems can go from insurmountable to doable with a little insight from the collective masses.

I'm sure that a lot of people are just doing "research", looking at what others have done or said on a topic and are satisfied with what they've found or maybe they don't feel that they want to enter the fray.

Maybe some people read forums like they once read the newspaper. A bit odd to think of it that way. We're writing the days news/opinion/entertainment sections right here folks :wink:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm with both of the following responses. It appears in "New Threads" so I click on it. This is my 4th visit to this thread so I've been adding to the counter.

Anytime somebody opens a thread to see a new post, that makes the view total go up ,I think.

I've been a forum user on many different topic areas for the better part of 15 years. Started with my homebrewing hobby and continues forward with pretty much anything else I pick up.

I personally find it very enjoyable to share and engage with others about things both in person and online. Ideas can go from mediocre to phenomenal and questions/problems can go from insurmountable to doable with a little insight from the collective masses.

I'm sure that a lot of people are just doing "research", looking at what others have done or said on a topic and are satisfied with what they've found or maybe they don't feel that they want to enter the fray.

Maybe some people read forums like they once read the newspaper. A bit odd to think of it that way. We're writing the days news/opinion/entertainment sections right here folks :wink:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep every new view of a thread adds to the count even if it is the same person. But as BC showed, look at all the guests. :eek: Nothing unusual here though, every forum I've ever belonged to has been this way. Can't explain it but know it is not out of the norm. Yall are popular and have quite a following. Keep up the good posts. :tiphat: :clap: :clap:

ovrszd

I'm going with Aurthuritis, it's a conspiracy led by Ken's Norks....... :)

Here's another "Hmmmmmm" thing.....

The RTV forum here is the most active one I've found specifically for RTVs. But the other forums on this website barely get any activity.

Go figure.

Wild Bill

Here's another "Hmmmmmm" thing.....

The RTV forum here is the most active one I've found specifically for RTVs. But the other forums on this website barely get any activity.

Go figure.

It is very true. The only reason I signed up here is because I bought an RTV. I quickly found that this site had and still has the most active users and most useful information on the net about the RTVs.

When I went and planned a wood processor I went somewhere else to where the expertise was.

So its a bit of a niche market here. Nothing wrong with that. Still great info and great people.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A long, long time ago, in a forum far, far away (actually, it was close as it was owned by Messick's who's a phenomenal dealership) there was a forum where several of us congregated to discuss the RTV's when they first came out in 2004.

After a few years, Messick's had to shift-gears on their internet presence and switched priorities where the forum itself wasn't part of their future plans.

Since all of us (the members, Doc, Messick's...) all knew each other and have worked together, it was agreed upon that all of the Messick's forum content (primarily RTV related) would be converted and imported into this site. There was way too much valuable information to be lost when their forum shut down. So, it happened (2007ish?)

So for many years, this has been the "go-to" site for RTV related subjects. An internet search always has this site first due to our great membership that keeps the subject and content on top of any other site in the world. With over 3100 threads and 40,000 posts related to the RTV alone, the world turns here for insight. Kudos to all that have participated!

Garnering that much attention to all tractor related subjects is much harder. We're here to help in all tractor related subjects as best we can but in general tractor forums, the breadth across the internet is very wide.

628pm

Site Supporter
If my wife knew this is where I get ideas to spend money on my RTV we would probably have one less user/ viewer. While I have not bought everything I've seen here, it definitely has given me ideas. Then off course I need to buy some new tools to get the job done right. As everyone has said this is the best site for RTV's. I normally go to another site for my kubota BX2670. But yes I do just look at a lot of threads, if I don't have anything to add, I just view and move on.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If my wife knew this is where I get ideas to spend money on my RTV we would probably have one less user/ viewer.
Agreed. On this site we're incredibly good a $OPM, especially related to the RTV. $OPM=$pending Other People's Money.

No idea how many ideas I've gotten from here and incorporated into my RTV but I do know I spent a fair amount of coin. At the same token, my RTV is over 11 years old but I still have a mental smile on my face every time it fires up or an applied accessory helps me in some fashion.

ovrszd

I've been a forum junky for 12 years. I've long ago lost count of how much I've learned on various forums. I'm always looking at other people's ideas concerning additions to their equipment or modifications. Stimulates me. I try to share my ideas to in some small way repay those that have shared with me. It's all good.

When I was looking for RTV knowledge I stumbled onto a website that is specifically RTVs. I was really surprised that there was very little activity. Only the "owner" of the site is posting. Gotta give him/her credit, they continue to try to stimulate response but nothing happens.

Kinda odd how that works isn't it.

I think I know Wild Bill from another site maybe??

I frequent TBN so am used to heavy traffic. But I always check this site too. Good people here. :)

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I frequent TBN so am used to heavy traffic.
TBN's bullshit is a big part of why we're here. They think they're gods gift to tractor forums. Speak up and you get kicked out. So, welcome to nettractortalk.com :)

Nevadablue

Momma wanted power steering. Twenty some thousand bucks later, we have power steering!

The RTV forum would be even more busy if all the RTV posts were in the RTV forum. There are quite a few that keep showing up in the other sort-of-related forums.

ovrszd

TBN's bullshit is a big part of why we're here. They think they're gods gift to tractor forums. Speak up and you get kicked out. So, welcome to nettractortalk.com :)

Oh I don't pay any attention to those folks. :)

Actually since you brought it up, Within a couple days of posting on this site I received a couple PMs accusing me of being disrespectful and hateful on this forum. Also accused me of just posting to run up my post count. Then,,,,, gave me the "reputation" of Being rude public violates the "rules" that have kept this site so nice to come to. No arguing, bitterness, or put downs. I didn't pay any attention to that either. :)

No worries. Still more good people than bad people. :beer:

ovrszd

Momma wanted power steering. Twenty some thousand bucks later, we have power steering!

The RTV forum would be even more busy if all the RTV posts were in the RTV forum. There are quite a few that keep showing up in the other sort-of-related forums.

Ken, within a week or so of buying our RTV I did a sidewalk project at the house. Had to haul some black dirt in to fill up what had settled against the house. Terry said she would help me. I ran the tractor w/FEL, she hauled with the RTV. That was a mistake...... Now she thinks it should be shedded here at the house rather than at the farm.... So I haul back and forth a lot. The other day I had to haul it home so she could gather up her Fall garnishes from the yard and put out Christmas stuff. :)

Kanook

Oh I don't pay any attention to those folks. :)

Actually since you brought it up, Within a couple days of posting on this site I received a couple PMs accusing me of being disrespectful and hateful on this forum. Also accused me of just posting to run up my post count. Then,,,,, gave me the "reputation" of Being rude public violates the "rules" that have kept this site so nice to come to. No arguing, bitterness, or put downs. I didn't pay any attention to that either. :)

No worries. Still more good people than bad people. :beer:

Thanks for the post...I got similar PMs because I apparently didn't conform to someones expectations..Unfortunately, I know of a couple of others that just didn't bother coming back. Considered it briefly myself but soon missed the highly informative info and pleasant banter.

Great place to come for RTV info.