Massey 253 Hydraulic failure

Bobh50

Our Massey Ferguson 253 lost the auxillary hydraulic system. The three point system works fine but the system for the machinery hoses has very little pressure.
Any help is much appreciated.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
double check the hydraulic fluid
and check the pressure coming off the hydraulic pump.

Bobh50

I changed the fluid and cleaned the scree
double check the hydraulic fluid
and check the pressure coming off the hydraulic pump.
I'm not familiar with the system on this tractor. Is there more than one pump?

Bobh50

I am not familiar with that tractor either.
I looked on tractor data. It appears it has one hydro pump.
Have a look for yourself. Some good info:

I looked on the link. Good info but doesn't show my pressure. My three point hitch is working good, we just lost the line control for equipment. I can lift the mower but it has no or very little pressure to the auxiliary hose block.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I noticed that it did not mention pressure but it did say pump flow should be 4.2 gpm. I wonder if there is a way to equate that to pressure?

Bobh50

I noticed that it did not mention pressure but it did say pump flow should be 4.2 gpm. I wonder if there is a way to equate that to pressure?
I saw that also. I checked my auxiliary line pressure and at 2000 rpm i only have about 700 lbs. We are going to pull the pressure line at the auxiliary block and make an adapter for our gauge system so we can isolate the pump from the block.
I can't believe it is the pump because the lift for the three point is fine.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I tend to agree. 700lbs seems like way more than you'd need. So assuming it's not the pump what else could it be? A crimped line or blocked line?

JamesH

Came across this thread looking for something else. Did you get this one figured out? Sounds like you lost your auxiliary hydraulic pump.